New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Using A Sports Watch
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
A while back questions were asked here about what sports watch others can recommend.

I have friends who use different watches, from Apple, Samsung and others.

Non has the battery life of the Garmin Fenix 6X.

Three os us used these on safari last year, and were very impressed with them.

There are differences in readings which we were not able to understand.

Altitude on each was different - and we were all hunting together.

So was heart beats.

Basically they are not as accurate in these functions as we would have hoped.

But, battery life with no GPS is 31 days.

I have not used one for that long before charging, but the days count down is correct - it goes down one day at a time, as indicated.

Using the GPS takes quite a bit of battery time off.

I am afraid I have not measured it in real days.

I will do so next time I am out on a trip.

But, what I found was using the Bluetooth app connected to my iPhone takes 10 days off right from the start.

A full charge shows 21 days, instead of 31 days.

I imagine anyone going out for a week or more, using both GPS and Bluetooth will need to have a source of power to charge it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used a Timex Expedition for decades. I'm on my second one because the strap finally broke on the first one and I lost it. Good value for money and you can count on it.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I have a Garmin Forerunner 35 and I love it. Got it used for under $30 and before this watch I never wore a watch. I feel naked without this one! Battery life isn't 31 days, but I like seeing the data it pulls from the gps/bluetooth on the garmin phone app.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I have been using the Garmin Forerunner since 2010, and have had good luck with it. My experience is that the GPS distance feature averages about 2% short of the actual distance.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450 Fuller
posted Hide Post
Have used a Rolex Submariner for 50 years. They
are unstoppable and very tough. Firsts on Mt. Everest.

Posts: 353 | Location: Between Alaska and Gulf of Mexico | Registered: 22 December 2017Reply With Quote