New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking sticks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking to buy a stick or sticks for coues deer hunt in Mexico. Any suggestions ?

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazon carries a fold up, interconnected walking stick by, I believe it's, Black Diamond. Doesn't hardly weigh anything and is very strong. It was my choice and I've been happy with it.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best walking stick I've found is not a really walking stick but rather a single trekking pole. Mine are Black Diamond Trail Shock poles with flick locks to secure the extensions. I never could get use to using two poles so, I now have two walking sticks. They are light weight, quiet and sturdy. Because they are trekking poles, they are adjustable which, for me is important especially for mountain hunting.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.

Posts: 383 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
I bought Leki's with shock absorbing tips. Very happy with them. Mine are twist lock-ish vs. flick locks. I'd go and look at both and see what suits you. I've never tried flick locks but thought that the mechanism might snag on things, again, I never tried them and many others like that mechanism.

I use mine going down steep hills, snow or no snow, crossing/side hilling on shale slides, crossing deep-ish streams and for balance when hauling out too much meat. LOVE THEM for all of these uses.

If you're in Billings head to Scheels or that backpacking store on Grand Ave and have a look at all of them. Last resort would be Cabelas (who, if they see the chance of screwing another company and making a penny will copy Black Diamond and/or Leki).

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Black Diamond !

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Easy - Go out in the woods and cut one. Cost = 0.
Why waste good money on a stick?
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote