THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BACKPACK HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Backpack Hunting    4000th boot question? Zamberlan Hanwag and Kayland

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4000th boot question? Zamberlan Hanwag and Kayland
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Outfitting myself as I can for next years sheep hunt here in Alaska.

We paired down a ton of stuff to get moved up here cheaply and I through away the La Sportivas and Danners that I had for 20 years.

I have a pro-deal on Scarpa/Koflach, Zamberlan, Hanwag and Kayland. Meaning I can buy the boots for 40% to half off.

I had never heard of Kayland before I got the prodeal.

I used to be able to wear plastic boots, and I have tried on several sizes of Scarpas and Koflachs with no love. I am a 13 and I don't think the Koflachs are true to size for my foot.

What say you, experienced big mountain hunters?

I have given this advise before, but I haven't bought anything in a long time. So what's new and cool are beyond me.

Kuiu sells Zamberlan boots on their site and the owner swears by them. I can get the same boots for about $200 on a prodeal. I think it is the Zambleran Expert Pro/Ibex.

Any advice you have would be wonderful.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of the Zamberlan 1012 Vioz. They're nice boots. Make sure you try them on, the toe box runs somewhat large.

Posts: 486 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
Are you looking for a mountianeering boot or more of a hunting style boot. I would never deliberately wear plastic/rigid soul boots unless I was spending most of my time in crampons. Back when I was into mountaineering I had a pair of la sportiva trango's. They were great for what I used them for.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote