Find
Notify
Tools

Backpack dilemma
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted
I have a 7 day backpack hunt booked and need a large pack, figuring 5000ci plus. This may be my last backpack hunt as those days are mostly behind me. So here is the dilemma, do I buy one of the top quality packs like Kuiu, Mystery Ranch or Kifaru then sell it after the hunt or is there something that is less expensive but still good enough to get me by for perhaps 1 hunt?
I've been watching the classifieds and craigslist for used but haven't found one yet.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a virtually unused Stone Glacier pack. I’ll sell it for a reasonable price. I have 5 packs. I need to get some out of my garage.

Posts: 11945 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
I have a Stone Glacier and Larry might have your answer. They are top of the line.

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I have a virtually unused Stone Glacier pack. I’ll sell it for a reasonable price. I have 5 packs. I need to get some out of my garage.

PM sent.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an outstanding large backpack with a lightweight frame. You can borrow it at no charge, just pay for the shipping. You will not be disappointed.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdstewart:
I have an outstanding large backpack with a lightweight frame. You can borrow it at no charge, just pay for the shipping. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the offer! I bought the pack that Larry Shores had so I am set.

Have gun- Will travel

One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
If it is the Stone Glacier I can't imagine you being disappointed. They have good videos on their website for questions.

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of good offers here . Don't skimp on your pack its an important piece of your gear. Looks like MD Stewart has a nice pack you can use. Remember to that backpacks are not one size fits all and should be fitted appropriately for a comfortable experience. I like Mystery Ranch as all made in USA here in MT.

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote