New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt Cobra re nickel?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My brothers father in law is a retired LEO, has his fathers Colt Cobra in nickel finish that his father carried as a detective. The nickel finish is starting to flake off and he would like to have it refinished. Anyone have any experience with a reputable operation to send this off to?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might want to repost this in gun smithing.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent suggestion..... Damned Dogfish 120's snuck up on me this afternoon while we were talking about it (and I subsequently posting...)

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Accurate Plating and Weaponry has put a hard chrome finish on two of my guns and I have been very happy with the finish and wearability. MUCH better than the old nickel plating.
Just MHO,
Peter
PS. They used to be in Florida. i believe they may now be in Alabama.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I'd inquire if the Colt Firearms Company would do the work.

Posts: 5691 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Accurate Plating and Weaponry has put a hard chrome finish on two of my guns and I have been very happy with the finish and wearability. MUCH better than the old nickel plating.
Just MHO,
Peter
PS. They used to be in Florida. i believe they may now be in Alabama.

Hard chrome is not as thick as nickel and is not a good alternative for a nickel finish.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote