THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Glock G40 10mm Finally Being Shipped

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock G40 10mm Finally Being Shipped
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For those who are interested, I received an email from FedEx this morning telling me my shipment from Smyrna Georgia (G40) will arrive on Monday, August 3rd.

I ordered mine directly from Glock under the Blue Label program back in February. If my G40 is being shipped, there must be more on the way. Just wanted folks to know as information about these shipping has been scarce.

Posts: 445 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should have said something, we have been selling them in our gun store for a while now.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMPALA, in other forums on this website there have been comments about the delay in the new Glocks in the 10 mm caliber. The 45 acp has been out for a while, but people have been looking for the 10 mm. Have you shot it?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Impala#03,

You've had the Glock G40 10mm in stock for a while now? I knew the G41 in 45 ACP had hit the streets but not the G40. All these model numbers can be confusing.

Posts: 445 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for a G40 MOS to become available at my local gun shop. I am sure I will get it soon though. Going to outfit it with a micro red dot sight.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool! I've been waiting, impatiently, for a while.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I'm so confused... the m40 is about an inch and a half longer than the m20, yet the weight of the m40 is closer to the little m29 than the m20. And the dimensions of the slide show as wider than the m20. How are they saving this weight?

More power to you guys who want the m40's, but I think the m20 is about as big as I want to carry for an auto. (I'll carry a 629 if I want something longer.) Although the longer sight radius probably makes it more fun to shoot than the m20 (and super easy compared to an m29) and it sure holds a ton of shells.

I'm looking forward to hearing you guys report on them.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the extra velocity from the longer barrel...an extra 150fps matters when you are carrying it for large critter defense....or allows for shooting a 230gr slug as fast as a standard length barrel does a 200gr. That is my intention. Heavy slug and good velocity and a red dot sight....what is there not to like.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

Sorry for the delay, have been away from the computer. No, I have not shot one. Just checked our inventory, don't have one at the moment.

Sep,

Yes the model numbers are confusing, I have to check the pistols all the time to keep them straight.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does it have the cut out on the top? Similar to the G34-G35?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.366torque,

Yes, it has the MOS configuration.

https//us.glock.com/mos

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sep:
.366torque,

Yes, it has the MOS configuration.

https//us.glock.com/mos

Thank you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A really fine handgun!

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Plenty available on Gunbroker. The first few days they were available, people bid them up over $850. Now, a week later they are available for $695 shipped free.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My G40 MOS came in today. Very nice pistol. Can't wait to shoot it this weekend....now to find a new optical sight for it. This will be my new woods-stalking sidearm. Will load up some 200gr FMJ flat points at upper end power levels.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Woodrow,
Look forward to hearing a range report. Am most anxious to find out about the accuracy potential of these pistols.

Posts: 282 | Location: Foothills of the Rocky's | Registered: 04 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So, where is the mythic Glock in 10mm??
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plenty of gunbrokers if you want to buy one.

Posts: 282 | Location: Foothills of the Rocky's | Registered: 04 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope. I wanted to see real life reviews before buying one. I already have an EAA Witness Elite in 10 mm and want to see how the Glock compares, especially with max loads. My Witness shoots VERY well.
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a Witness as well. Great shooting revolver, very accurate. Could use better sights.

If the accuracy of the Glock is there, love the fact it would be super easy to mount a red dot on it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

I've shot some factory 180s, hand loaded practice 180s and 30 or so handloaded 200 grain WFNGC bullets from both Double Tap and Beartooth out of my G40 with 6 inch KKM barrel. I've got some more 200 grain WFNGC test loads waiting to be fired for accuracy and velocity. Most of the groups with the 200 grain WFNGCs were in the 2-3 inch range at 20 yards. These were fueled by 8.2 grains of Longshot and 9.4 grains of Blue Dot. Honestly, I have a long way to go shooting a handgun. My revolver shooting isn't really any better, so I'm not a good sample to judge the accuracy of a handgun.

I've not owned or shot the witness hunter but I've come to like the G40. After, installing a zev tech fulcrum trigger, Dawson Precision adjustable rear and fiber optic front sight. I also have a Trjicon RM06 for the glock but for now I prefer the iron sights. I previously owned the Glock G20 and I definitely like the G40 better. No malfunctions from the G40 yet and I plan to take it hunting the next time I go for Blacktails.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lovest, we may not be communicating here! The Witness is a semi auto, and the Elite has excellent fully adjustable sights. I agree however that the ease of mounting a reflex red dot sight is a plus for the Glock.
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Lovest, we may not be communicating here! The Witness is a semi auto, and the Elite has excellent fully adjustable sights. I agree however that the ease of mounting a reflex red dot sight is a plus for the Glock.
Peter.

Yes, I know the Elite is a semi auto and has fully adjustable sights as I own one. I did make a typo saying it was a revolver in my last post, my bad. My complaint is the front blade is to thin and the adjustments are not that precise on the rear. It is also a very heavy semi to carry around on the hip all day when fully loaded.
Still, it is a great pistol for the money.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The G40 with open sights shoots very good groups with factory 200gr Black Talons. 2" groups standing freehand at 10 yards. Until I get to the loading bench, this is what I had available to try. Will load up some 180gr XTP's over the weekend. It handles well and I am quite pleased with it. To me, this is about as good of a hunting pistol as you are going to get...maybe add a $150 new barrel for shooting cast bullets.

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
What red dot type sights are you guys mounting on the G40? Pics would be nice...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2578 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
The G40 with open sights shoots very good groups with factory 200gr Black Talons. 2" groups standing freehand at 10 yards. Until I get to the loading bench, this is what I had available to try. Will load up some 180gr XTP's over the weekend. It handles well and I am quite pleased with it. To me, this is about as good of a hunting pistol as you are going to get...maybe add a $150 new barrel for shooting cast bullets.

Maybe with a semi 2 inches at 10 yards all my revolvers well do that or better at 25.

That said I don't get that good out of any of my 5 Glocks.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Will have to check out the KKM barrel for cast bullets. I was looking at Lone Wolf.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
I have a 6" Longslide from Lone Wolf and the 6.6" threaded barrel for a comp or plain if you like..Shoots great but want the New 40 Longslide too! Glad to see its avail now...I HIGHLY recommend UNDERWOOD ammo for it...Best Prices for HOT HOT old 10mm perfomance..Great Service and Lots of choices....

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
By the way...a friend of mine makes these awesome chest rigs for us Hunters...this is the Glock 20 Longslide..Hangs right in front and flat....can also have downward draw if desired...I think it's $85 shipped!

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
G41 should be great for .460 Rowland conversion.

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right now I just got some Cor-Bon 180gr Bonded Core ammo, running 1300fps so that should make for a solid bear/boar stopper. Going to shoot a few tomorrow to see how they perform.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To Jiri,

Not sure on that, yet. I have been shooting the Rowland for a long time, in 1911's. Just picked up a 41 MOS. I have been researching Supers and Rowlands in Glocks, and the 41 has a ligheter slide than the 21. It might present some structural challenges for the Super or Rowland.

Not to derail the thread, for you folks looking at the 40MOS, I did mount a Trijicon RMR on my 41 MOS, and with the correct mounting plate and sealing plate, it does co-witness with Trijicon suppressor sights. There is a bit of conflicting info on the web concerning this arrangement.

Many of the reflex sights have tall bodies (where the adjustment screws and led resides), so if you are wanting irons to co-witness, you will have to do a little research.

You all have fun with your 40's. I am sure Glock is gonna sell a lot of them. Just happy Glock threw us 45 shoters a bone, here. The MOS platform is very nice.

Craig

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
All: sorry for off topic

Craig:

I have .460 Rowland based on STI 2011 ( http://www.460rowland.cz ). Didn't know that Glock 41 has lighter slide than 21.

Jiri

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jiri,

yes, lighter and thinner. In my research of hot numbers in the Glocks, I have seen what look like credible posts indicating the the Glock slide is weakest in the area below the extractor cut out. As the 41 is lighter and thinner than the 40 slide, this area is pretty "thin" on my 41 slide.

Even with the 40 MOS, I would make this area one for inspection when doing cleaning. IMHO, anyone running these higher intensity offerings in autoloaders probably should be keeping an eye on frame and slide parts for accelerated wear.

In any event, we are gonna know how these hold up. I think folks who hunt with handguns tend to lean on them a bit, and this 40 is probably going to see a lot of hunting time.

Craig

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Picked up my Model 40 a couple of days ago. Ordered a lone wolf barrel and an extended slide stop. Plan to mount a Burris FastFire III. I think this will be a sweet-shooting rig.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
YES it will...Lone Wolf offers a neat comp to screw on that extended threaded barrel...That will be one Sweet Hunter!