New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Handgun Hunting forum hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Two and a half months till Christmas....!??? Not trying to hurry you Whitworth....!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Willy's .450
posted Hide Post
Um. I'm not sure if you knew this Peter, so I shall enlighten you. Christmas was in December, at least in my part of Florida. Just looking out for you.

Posts: 66 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 08 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dammit men...

The sooner the better... Big Grin

My 44 has only accounted for a handful of tree rats...I soooo want a try at a pig...the deer didn't cooperate thumbdown

See you all in a couple months...

Dan

Posts: 285 | Location: Red Hook,NY | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Thanks TBEAR!

Gents, called the outfitter today and left a message. I will be talking to him in the morning and will try to have some more details ironed out.

jwp and I hunted there this past June and we stayed in a local motel that was cheap and clean. There's even a little barbeque place in town that has some pretty good ribs....... Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
If there is room,count me and my hunting partner Bill in...He shoots the 500 Smith too!
quote:
Originally posted by SAFARIKID:
Ok,I am late on this...when,where and how much...room for me? Is this handcannons only,or can i bring my 600 "Carbine"too? A hunt with this "Wild Bunch" should be out of this world! space

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Okay gents, here's what I know.

The Hunt
The outfitter can handle a maximum of 16 hunters at a time. We are temtatively scheduled for the last weekend of March. It will be a two-day hunt and will cost $200.00 a head. This gives you the rights to two hogs, but there is no guarantee you will get two, but I am reasonably sure you will get one. It's a free-range hunt, so there can be no guarantees. Skinning/caping are included in the price, but tipping is expected for services.

Lodging
The outfitter has a trailer on the property with bunk beds that can sleep a maximum of 10 people. This lodging will cost $20.00/night per hunter. He also may bring a camper trailer (he has electric and water hookups there) that can house a maximum of six hunters. Cost is also $20.00/night.

There is a motel in town that gives his hunters a break with discounted rooms. It is clean and is $40.00/night. Two people can sleep in a room fo that $40.00, so it is not a bad deal at all.

I will talk again later to the outfitter to firm up more details.

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much! How do we hunt? Walk and stalk? Stands? Never hunted hogs before! Did you guys post a hunt report on your last hunt?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
We did -- do a search. We went June of last year. We did some spot and stalk, and some stand hunting. I got both of mine spot and stalk. We usually drive around the property until we spot some hogs, and then we stop a few hundred yards away and make the stalk.

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
Found 'em! Thanks. Do they provide the vehicles?
Peter.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Yes they do -- they will guide us and put us on to the hogs -- then it is up to you to put 'em down!

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much. How are we doing with the head count? Do you need money? Let me rephrase that... do you need my deposit!!!!?
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy cow Peter...

Don't give him the address of the outfitter Marko...

Peter may well sit in the guys driveway til the rest of us show up.....

jumping

Dan

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
LOL!! I am glad he's enthusiastic! Much more fun hunting with enthusiastic folks! I will let you know about the deposit before the weekend is done........

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well with this place about 2 1/2 to 3 hours hours away from me I am really looking forward to trying this place out. BTW, I KNOW that rifles are not allowed on this hunt, BUT I would ask for an allowance for my Ruger #1 in 45/70. I bought this for my African DG hunt but got banned from the African Hunting Forum! I need to use it, along with my 10mm, Ruger 44mag, S&W 44mag, Ruger 45 Colt etc etc.
Peter.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
You can bring it, you just can't use it! Big Grin

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh! OK!
Peter.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I didn't get the opportunity to talk to the outfitter this weekend, but will try today......

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
No problem. Thanks for all your work so far in bringing this together.
Peter.

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
I am ready to send deposit if needed for two Pistoleros! jumping

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
marko i confirmed my partner and he has offered to help bone out the meat for anyone needing help.he is a butcher

SO Put me plus 1

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Skinning/caping/quartering is included in the price, but we have to tip.

Thanks TBEAR!

Semper Fidelis

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Spoke with the outfitter yesterday and the last weekend of March has already been booked. The only weekend in March available is the weekend of the 14th and 15th. I hope this doesn't mess up anyone's plans. On a positive note, though, we will be the first ones to hunt after about a month of no hunting in the area which means there will be NO pressure on the animals and they won't be spooky........

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems OK for me....

The sooner we set a date the better for me...

Dan

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
March 14th and 15th it is!

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! OK with me!
Peter.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Peter -- I just sent you a PM.......

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
Picture of Willy's .450
posted Hide Post
I cant wait!

Posts: 66 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 08 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Willys, I am not far from you. Where/what do you shoot?
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Calender Marked

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Willy's .450
posted Hide Post
Peter, I dont have anywhere to hunt around here, but I shoot at gateway. I will shoot you a PM with my contact info.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, we are on for the 14th and 15th of March! If you are still interested in going, you will need to send a $100.00 deposit to the outfitter for him to hold you a slot. Some of you have contacted me and are definitely going, but we have room for more.

Lodging will cost you $20.00 a night and you have your choice of sleeping in the trailer or in a local motel -- the motel is $40.00 a night but wth two occupants........

Checks should be made out to:

Pete Kemmsies
PO Box 543
Shady Grove, FL 32357

The balance should be paid upon arrival ($100.00). Also, you should be prepared to tip wen it all is over.......

Two full days of hunting and we will be limited to stand and blind hunting as there will be too many of us to be stalking the property.

There are LOTS of hogs out there and just last weekend four hunters killed two hogs in the 180 - 200-lb range, one killed a hog that went just over 300-lbs and the fourth hunter killed a 380-lb sow........ Plus there will be no hunters and thereby no pressure for an extended period of time before we get out there.

I have already rented a car for that weekend and will be driving down, .38 special in hand...... Big Grin

The website is www.floridaslamoutfitters.com

Any more quesions, just ask........

SEE YOU IN MARCH!

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
thanx marko talked to pete this am sounds like a hell of a good guy.I sent money for me plus 1

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
You are welcome! You and a few others have sent their deposits and I think the count is ten so far........

Semper Fidelis

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Okay, we have a count of 10 handgun hunters thus far. There is room for more.......

Again the dates are March 14th and 15th........

Bring your .38 special....... Big Grin.......or be square.

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
I will send deposit for two tomorrow...Big Grin

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
That's great, Tom!

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
DEPOSIT SENT YESTERDAY MORN FER TWO DESPERADOES thumbLooking fowrd to meeting you dirty Scoundrels and telling alot of lies Big Grin jumping

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SAFARIKID:
DEPOSIT SENT YESTERDAY MORN FER TWO DESPERADOES thumbLooking fowrd to meeting you dirty Scoundrels and telling alot of lies Big Grin jumping

Tom, the feeling is mutual! Lots of lies...... hilbily

Semper Fidelis

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Guys, let me know if you would like to stay in the trailer or motel, so I can make reservations. Thanks!

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whitworth,ill cancel for now so someone else can have a shot at it.if things develop&i can come, ill let you know.thanks for all your work.BEST,kim

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote