The Accurate Reloading Forums
AR Handgun Hunting forum hunt

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2911043/m/887109019

16 October 2017, 19:56
Peter
AR Handgun Hunting forum hunt
Not a bad idea, but I don't want to crawl through palmettos avoiding rattlesnakes! Also, ghubert might want to bring his gun bearer!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;
16 October 2017, 20:10
Ghubert
I'm so up for this, Can ask my uncle to contact outfitters in Texas unless anyone has a better idea?

I much prefer spot and stalk although I do appreciate it's easier to accomodate groups in stands.
16 October 2017, 20:20
Peter
I have a hunting jacket with concentric rings on the back!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;
16 October 2017, 20:22
Ghubert
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
I have a hunting jacket with concentric rings on the back!
Peter.

Depending on who turns up from the forum, I may not even need that... Big Grin

You guys have a load of hogs down in Florida too, is the terrain there better suited to stalking or sitting up?
16 October 2017, 21:27
Peter
The one and only hog hunt I went on was arranged by whitworth and was from stands.
Peter.

16 October 2017, 21:45
Ghubert
Cool, I'm easy. Smiler
16 October 2017, 22:08
Peter
Yeah! I'd heard that!
Peter.

19 October 2017, 15:00
Ghubert
But not flexible.

Not into yoga and that crap, just in case anyone was wondering...
20 October 2017, 17:41
Beretta682E
Does a blaser success with a pistol grip qualify as a handgun? if so I am in.

Mike
20 October 2017, 17:48
Ghubert
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Does a blaser success with a pistol grip qualify as a handgun? if so I am in.

Mike

(Sigh)

(Hissed through clenched teeth)

Yes.

(Pops a zantac)

Big Grin
23 October 2017, 17:29
Ole Miss Guy
It now looks as if two hunts will be needed!
28 October 2017, 12:58
Ghubert
Guys, from my research it appears that there isn't really a huntable population of hogs in Nevada...

I know that the Texas is teaming with them, where would be the most likely place within reach of Las Vegas where a group hunt like this could be organised?

Happy to do the organisation, a little local knowledge would be much appreciated though. Smiler
09 February 2020, 07:27
<LIVYATAN>
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:
Guys, from my research it appears that there isn't really a huntable population of hogs in Nevada...

I know that the Texas is teaming with them, where would be the most likely place within reach of Las Vegas where a group hunt like this could be organised?

Happy to do the organisation, a little local knowledge would be much appreciated though. Smiler

Nevada is loaded with hogs. Check out the hotel buffets in Vegas. You don't need a firearm, just waive a chocolate eclair or a $20, they'll appear like magic.

hilbily
21 November 2020, 19:20
Ghubert
(Cough)

Big Grin