THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Arizona Custom Grips for Ruger Blackhawk Bisley-any experience?

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona Custom Grips for Ruger Blackhawk Bisley-any experience?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Greetings All,

I need a new pair of grips from my Ruger Blackhawk Bisley in 45 Colt, I broke the escutcheon through on one of the panels. It can probably be repaired with AcraGlas but thought I would look to see what is available. I found Hogue, Altamont, and Eagle of course but also happened to come across Arizona Custom Grips on an eBay store. They have a pretty good selection and prices are reasonable.

I was leaning towards these grips:
RUGER BISLEY GRIPS ~ OXBLOOD with SERPENTINE CHECKERING + Medallions

Does anybody have experience with this company and their products?

Thanks

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a factory set of the black laminate Ruger bisley grips you could have for $45 shipped.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Paul, I haven't used their grips, but have been quite pleased with the Altamonts I installed on my flattop in .44 Special.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill for the feedback. Altamont was my first choice but I saw the Arizona grips...think I will go what has been proven.

RB
Thanks for the offer on the Ruger grips but I will politely decline, I'm looking for something a bit fancier.

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get some custom made for your gun/grip frame. It's the only way to get a perfect fit. Also, you can have them made to fit your hand, ie. thicker, skinnier etc. Fancy wood, micarta, sheep horn, etc.

Rob Rowen is the top of the line grip maker.

http://rowencustomgrips.com

Zane at Lone Star Custom Grips does great work also.

https://www.lonestarcustomgrips.com

Also Gary Reeder and Jack Huntington do excellent grip work as well.

I had Rob do a set of Dall Sheep Horn grips for my custom 500 Linebaugh. Zane just finished up a set of black micarta for my 45 Colt Bisley Hunter. Rob requires you to send him the whole gun, Zane just requires the grip frame.

Posts: 71 | Location: The Last Frontier | Registered: 03 January 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snyd:
Get some custom made for your gun/grip frame. It's the only way to get a perfect fit. Also, you can have them made to fit your hand, ie. thicker, skinnier etc. Fancy wood, micarta, sheep horn, etc.

Rob Rowen is the top of the line grip maker.

http://rowencustomgrips.com

Zane at Lone Star Custom Grips does great work also.

https://www.lonestarcustomgrips.com

Also Gary Reeder and Jack Huntington do excellent grip work as well.

I had Rob do a set of Dall Sheep Horn grips for my custom 500 Linebaugh. Zane just finished up a set of black micarta for my 45 Colt Bisley Hunter. Rob requires you to send him the whole gun, Zane just requires the grip frame.

Rowen is really hard to beat.....

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW, those burls sure are purty!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jack Huntington makes very nice grips too.

These are some more by Rob Rowen.