Find
Notify
Tools

Hey LoneEagle?
 Login/Join

<X-Ring>
posted
Lone Eagle
How do you like your Lone Eagle? I have never shot one or even seen one outside a hunting mag. They look fun to shoot.

------------------
Freedom wasn't free. Today they want our guns. What will they want tommorow?

<1Swede>
posted

Hi X-ring

I'm not LoneEagle, but if your interested I have one in 7mmBR. With a Burris 2-7 LER scope mounted on it. A guy at work has one in 308 win. The trigger is not the greatest, a little on the stiff side. We went out together the first time he shot his. We sighted in at 50yds then moved over to 100. He was impressed at how accurate it was. I get about 1" at 100yds.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like mine. I think the recoil is a little easier to take than it is in an COntender/Encore. My Lone Eagle is a .358 Win. I load 225 grain Ballistic Tips and can get 3 shot groups of less than 1" usually 2 touching and 1 very close. I think that is a lack of concentration on my part. Factory 200's shoot almost as well. I bought mine last winter. I wanted a .358 of some sort and MRI was closing out certain calibers. .358 was one of them. I paid 159 for my barreled action through FFL of course. If you can find one give it a shot. Sean

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
<XP-Guy>
posted
I have a Lone Eagle in .308 cal. I'm not happy with it's accuracy at all.

I have been reloading and benchrest shooting for years. Last spring I bought the Lone Eagle thinking it would be an interesting long range target gun. I bought it used from a friend who shot it very little and sold it because he could not get 100 yrd groups under 4". I thought it was just too much recoil for him, I was sure I could do much better with it. After "re-building" the trigger and installing a Burris 3-12 LER scope on it I started working up a good load for it. After months of load testing I could not get better than 2" groups from it. I called the factory several times for their input. They seemed surprised that it would shoot that WELL. One factory tech I talk to said that because the receiver and recoil lug are welded to the barrel it will never be a very accurate gun.

I put a Burris 1.5-4 LER on it now and plan to use it for hunting only. It's great fun to shoot, fits my hand well and balances nicely but it's accuracy was a real disappointment.

If your Lone Eagle will shoot 1" groups hang onto it! It's a keeper.