THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Scope mounts for Super Blackhawks

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope mounts for Super Blackhawks
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Guys, I am thinking of putting together another one of these rigs in .44 magnum. The last time I did this, I used the Leupold base that requires drilling and tapping two holes in the top strap. That's a rock-solid setup. I see now that both Weaver and Weigand have no-drill mounts for the SBH. Has anyone used either of these systems, and if so, what did you think of their durability? I was looking at mounting a Weaver 2X28 handgun scope, but Weigand also makes a "mini" no-drill version for mounting red dot sights. My eyes are just getting too sketchy for accurate use of iron sights in the field, so I'll need the help of one or the other system.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Weigand have no-drill mounts for the SBH

https://rugerforum.net/optics/...tap-scope-mount.html

Seems like the Weaver works OK for most of the guys. I can't say for myself. I had one on a SBH but traded it before I got to shoot it.

Posts: 54 | Location: PNW | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link, Slenk. Sounds like the Weaver is a fine option.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote