THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Simply Rugged Holsters. Photos

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simply Rugged Holsters. Photos
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

My new rig for the 6 inch 657 (41 mag).

I cut the tail down.

Simply Rugged Holsters out of Arizona.

Cattlemen Holster the hammer thong,
Adapter for Chesty Puller harness,
Chesty Puller Harness
Ox Blood.

The holster can be unbuckled and worn cross draw (right handed). If ordering harness system order holster cross draw.

The harness also works with three slot pancakes.

If you read their website about warranty, it says they do not warrant anything, but I am very happy with this rig. You can feel the craftsmanship.

I do not want to speak for the guy who owns the company, but I feel if I were not satisfied and reasonably he would make it right.

If you order a non three slot pancake holster and want to use the harness, you have to order the adapter.

Delivery is quoted at 4-6 weeks. Mine arrived in 2 1/2 weeks.

Posts: 10782 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is very nice, but why is it empty?
I have one for my SBH, same color.

Posts: 201 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is empty bc the 41 657 6 inch I ordered this for is up the road at the in laws from a weekend of shooting and gun comparing.

I am going there tonight for dinner. My wife and I always stay the weekend at her parents if I am in town I stay too.

Posts: 10782 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Lheym I have a crossdraw for the Old Army as I used it . I wonder if a chest carry could be made to fit? I think it was the old Bianchi company. I used it to carry the Old Army when I carried a muzzleloader for whitetail or squirrel. It was an out of the way system to keep my rifle unscratched but available. The Ruger holster will work for my 41 Mag Bisley I think. Yours looks like a good system. I need to put together a similar set up. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There you go; now I'm happy! Looks great. My SBH is 6.5" and I have a short torso (5'4" tall), and this position and angle is the best for me. Plus I like the color. Congratulations on the combo.
Are you reloading for the gun?

Posts: 201 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank yes and no. I have 100 rounds of 210 XTPs load with 50 more on reserve.

Brass in reserve. I am out of primers and just can’t bring myself to pay scalper prices.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you were near, I'd trade you a sleeve just so I could shoot a cylinder-full out of your gun. :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is more than a fair price.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like it but I went the cheap route for my 7.5 in Redhawk.

I took a cheap uncle mikes added a thumb break made the harness out of seat belt webbing.

Think I have about 5 dollars in mine.

Posts: 19353 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have one for my Smith and Wesson model 69. Nice set up aren’t they.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I built up a rig about 30 years ago for my S+W model 57 8 3/8" bbl. Over the shoulder w/ a chest strap that holds 2 extra speed loaders + a loop on the shoulder strap to hold a mini-mag light + on the backside between my shoulder blades a sheath for m Puma White Hunter. It also leaves my left shoulder open in case I use it while rifle hunting. One rig to do it all + no weight on your hips.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rob at Simply Rugged makes great holsters at an even better price. He also has supported our troops in the past with holster offerings.

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
They are my favorite holsters and I wear them daily all summer

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4192 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Win458 words should be on every page of their website.

I really like being able to unhook the holster from harness and wear on the belt cross draw.

If you do not use the belt connector on the harness you can move it under the arm or even to the back if you need a gun on, but your chest fully open.

posted Hide Post
Pancake, Ruger Alaskan .480

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Beautiful leather, fellas. LH -- that 657 is such a capable revolver!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16348 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At first putting the rig on was interesting. It is modeled on the tanker design.

It does not come with instructions, but they have a good YouTube video up.

After getting it on and the excess cut, I can take it on and off with just one hand and one connection point.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://postimg.cc/XGL44t3d

Detached on the hip. Almost licks in place where it wants to be. One can wear it strong side as well, but cross draw feel great, PTD the butt right on the palm for the draw and keeps the muzzle out of the ground or stand when hunting. It is closed at the bottom.

The butt does not jab even just throwing on the belt high.