Find
Notify
Tools

Best .22 Auto Options
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted
I want to put together an accurate, suppressed .22 auto. For people who have had both, which would typically be more accurate - Browning Buckmark or Ruger 22/45?

Posts: 808 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
ford/chevy argument... I have/had both.. preferred the browning buckmark camper because it "felt" better.. had a 4.5' bbl... the 22-45 had a 3".i don't care for the grip. I prefer the ruger standards, mk1, 2's, or 3's,, as far as feel... but none are factory threaded,, the buckmark camper is..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2823 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own both I would go with the Ruger

Posts: 19289 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ruger! Hands down, 22/45 MKIV But I prefer the steel model over the light versions.

The MarkIv is beyond cool! Great design.

Old Bill Ruger is up there in gun heaven thinking "man! Why didn't I come up with that"!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a SSK MkIII Ruger with integral suppressor. Beautiful gun. Unbelievably accurate. Have taken over 400 groundhogs with it the last 4 years, longest being 101 yds. , all with Rem. 38 gr. subsonics. I've never regretted getting it.

Larry Rogers

Posts: 244 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I will pile on the Ruger bandwagon. I won a 22/45 probably 20 years ago. I wasn't that impressed with them at the time (preferred the Luger-like look of the standard MkIII). But I'd won it, so it was free. I shot it, and it was very accurate. Plus heavy enough to be easy to shoot well. Reliable. I love the gun.

Bought one of the new LITE versions. They're pre-threaded. I like it too. Probably just as mechanically accurate, but light enough that I don't shoot it quite as well. Still really like it. And the new design is way easier to take down and put back together. Anway, both are great guns. Highly recommend.

Posts: 1715 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I too, have both. I prefer the Browning Buckmark. Just my own preference. Others have theirs.

one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know of a source of custom barrels either platform? Right now I just want something pre-threaded, but down the road a 1:8 barrel would be ideal.

Posts: 808 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I agree with the Ford/Chevy argument. Be Well, Packy

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with either. I also have a Ruger Wrangler and the Ruger SR22 and they have both been great as well. I love .22's

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a lightweight Ruger 22/45 as a suppressor host gun.

I like the gun. Works reliably. Reasonably accurate. Not as accurate as a SW41, but I don’t regret it. I do like it better than the Browning Buckmark .22 I shot quite a bit- buddy’s gun- but his does’t have a suppressor or threaded to accept mine, so no experience with that part.

Posts: 10455 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Go to rimfirecentral.com for gobs more information on the Rugers and Brownings.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16269 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I have a Ruger Mk 22/45 Hunter with a Stainless Fluted Barrel. I had a Volquartsen Accurizing Kit installed.It is Very Accurate and I have taken many Head Shot Grouse with it. I love the pistol.

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Visit https://www.bulkcheapammo.com
u can find here more options

Posts: 1 | Location: 502 Grim Avenue San Diego, CA | Registered: 17 June 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Sorry man, with only one post and pushing products from Kalifornia. I won't buy from that state unless it is the only option. Others can do what they want. Be Well, Packy.

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Either choice is excellent. Check out Turnbull Restoration for some they have done up very nicely

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2575 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
both are great guns, own both cannot pick a favorite

Posts: 318 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote