Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
Anyone else here on Glock Talk? Packy

one of us
posted Hide Post
No one will admit it? I use it for the long winded article on 45 Super. I installed a 9" long barrel in my Gen 3 G21 to experiment with the Super. They don't seem to offer that these days at Lone Wolf. I use my 41 as a base for the 50 GI ( Guncrafter Industries). Both are cooking on the high burner. The 21 seems like a good one for a chest carry while hunting after I install an RMR I have in stock. Be Well. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'm afraid that i put glucks and all the other tupperware guns in the same category as blasers old sofa

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butchloc, if I had a heart that might have hurt. As it is I just spewed on my keyboard. I only went to the block due to the cheap price of parts. I could go to 45 super with a long accessory barrel and recoil spring and guide rod. Will change the firing pin spring soon and may be done. It wasn't going to happen quite so cheaply and at home with any other guns. Carried a G22 for a duty weapon on armed transportation for 9 years + in corrections. No choice. We were legal according to the state with shooting 66 rounds in one session per year. I'd say some lawyer said they could defend the DOC for 66 rounds a year but only by using the Block. I don't know the Austrian language but someone said Glock is Austrian for Highpoint! Be Well. Packy

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I am not on Glock talk but have owned a few. I really enjoy the long slide competition models.G34 and G35

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
I am on Glocktalk, carry a G19 almost everyday

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought two Blocks to play with. One is now a 45 Super with 9" barrel and other changes. One has a magazine and slide change to 50 GI. They are ok. Carried a G-22 for work for 9 years. Don't love them. Isn't Glock Austrian for Hi Point? Packy

one of us
posted Hide Post
I own 6 Glocks but I don't Glock talk.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just saw on the news a pic of a punk in oregon trying to hold up a convience store threatening the clerk with a hatchet. the clerk pulled out his handgun and scared him off, costing the clerk his job. i think he was holding a glock cause the pic shows him holding the gun eye level, away from his head, sideways, gangsta style. so.....probably a glock Big Grin.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Shame on that clerk for defending life and property against felonious assault.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
really. they said they fired him cause he had received training on how to verbally de escalate
situations like that. i wish for ONCE one of those high and mighty burocrats had to face a real life situation like that!
back in the day i had to take 2 classes like that given by TX DPS. it amounted to finding out what personality type you had based on the type of animal you see yourself as, AND, what the power of chocolate can do! absolutely true. i think the only thing the clerk did wrong was not putting the guy down as soon as the hatchet appeared.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had the clerk been killed his family would have gotten a sympathy card. Great for his family right? Won't pay a bill and the company won't care in the slightest. I handled a drunk when he started to come over the counter. When he woke up the police were on their way. I made the first report so it was bad for the drunk. The police are ready for anything on weekends in bad neighborhoods of Kansas City, Missouri. They were ready for him. Be Well. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
awhile back my son asked me why I was no going to leave my guns to him when I died? I looked at him and said you show no class you own a Glock. haha

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Considering Glocks again for open carry/duty if a certain part-time job comes along, but my heart belongs to the 1911.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! I own two Blocks. Only for experimentation. One is now a 50 GI and one is a 45 super with 9" aftermarket barrel. Thus I need to get info from Glock talk. They have shut me off again and I haven't been allowed to add to or begin a thread. I'm a bit frustrated. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
consider it a win win

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am on Glocktalk under TENFAN and have owned a few Glocks in my time, all in 10mm of course. Most of my time on there is in the “Ten Ring” and 1911 forums

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a long-slide Glock in 10mm with a Burris Speed Dot. Creates a nice sense of security when out in the wilds.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will agree with you but the only place I want to carry for work/hunting is a chest carry holster of some kind. Be Well Biebs and thanks, Packy