THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Ruger Super Redhawk Scope Rings

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Super Redhawk Scope Rings
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted
Sirs,

I thank you for your feedback on my previous pricing inquiry. I have decided to pass on the Redhawk I looked at Friday and have instead committed to purchasing a used Super Redhawk a forum member offered me privately. The SRH I am purchasing comes with no scope rings and although I have no immediate plans to scope this revolver, what would my options be if I wanted to do so in the future? I have Ruger's website open in another tab and I am looking at their scope rings and boy, are they proud of them. With a SRH, am I locked into using Ruger's rings or can someone recommend a reasonably priced alternative? Surely Millet, Weaver, someone else?

And, since I'm on the subject, which scope do you like for a 44 mag with a 7.5" barrel? Once I get used to the way this revolver shoots, I'd like to try deer hunting with it.

Thanks all,

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I"ve been using Millet, they had other options avaliable besides then the 1 inch. They have held up well with heavy loads. no complaints.
Mike

"An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a slave", Ceasar

Posts: 211 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr.pepper
posted Hide Post
Millets broke on my SRH480 the windage adjustable ears twisted off.

''People should say what they mean and mean what they say. Life is too short to be lead down the wrong path.''

Posts: 184 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to Brownels and get the Weigand SRH scopemount. The number is 7E39U96. It fits the ring cuts on the gun and gives you a Picatinny style base that you can mount any Weaver style ring to. Warne rings work great with it.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I've got an extra set of Ruger rings from my 480 SRH. $20 plus shipping if you're interested.

They are good rings and I can't see adding another base and rings on top of that.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Paul you have an PM.

Thanks,

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Taurus Bill
posted Hide Post
I have a 2x Leupold on my TRB 8" held by Millet rings on the factory Taurus base. This base is ugly and clamps to the top of the barrel through the slots in the upper rib. I've been wanting to make up my own base but haven't had the time.

Taurus Bill

Posts: 179 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 28 January 2003Reply With Quote