Find
Notify
Tools

New Colt King Cobra!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Got one for my birthday 2 weeks ago. Very happy! Perfect carry gun for hunting (protection from 2 and 4 legged animals and close up hog work). And it can be concealed easily.

There isn't a leather factory holster available yet so I'm using the holster for my 2" Colt Cobra - works fine. And I ordered a custom holster and speed loader holster from Etsy (of all places).

I tested 3 loads this past weekend:

Magtech 158 gr JHP - Very accurate and controllable. Snappy, but quick recovery. I think this will be my everyday carry outside of hunting.

DoubleTap 158 gr Bonded Defense - More power than the Magtech, accurate, a lot more snappy, but quick recovery. Great woods load.

DoubleTap 200 gr Hardcast - Very snappy, at the limit, but still controllable and accurate. I'd much rather have my 44 Mag or 10mm for something really, really big; but this would be better than nothing. I think this would be good for follow-up on a hog in thick, thick brush. 180 gr might be better.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
We'll be needing photo support sir ... hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Should work just fine.

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at the Target model with wood grips. Looks nice.

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
If they make one in their own caliber, at that point I may decide to own one. 45 colt, moderate speed 300, gr WFN. The widest Meplat practicable. Be Well. Packy

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
About time! My NIB 6" was lonely:

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my 5 inch in 45 colt is the beans! easy shooting and no high $ like colt around here. love that s&w

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I love the S+W as well; I have several in that caliber but I think my favorite is a 2nd model hand ejector with the hash marks from the lend-lease program from war 2. It shoots like a dream.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crshelton:
About time! My NIB 6" was lonely:

I guess a NIB revolver would get lonely having never been shot.

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Hunter:
DoubleTap 200 gr Hardcast - Very snappy, at the limit, but still controllable and accurate.

in a hunting situation, if that doesn't work, you should be calling in air support

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38460 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote