THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Need info on red dot scopes...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need info on red dot scopes...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UltraDots have held up my .500 S&W, .475 Linebaugh, and .416 Taylor Encore for many years. Very tough.

Larry Rogers

Posts: 246 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Larry, Do you have a favourite model of Ultradot?
I am thinking of a big bore rifle application.
Thanks, Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian, I have 3 of the standard silver 4 min., 30mm UltraDots. I never saw a need for the multiple size dot reticles. I've done groundhogs out to 75 yds. with this size dot and deer size game out to 100 yds.
My purpose with them is short range, fast shots which they have been excellent with.
If you plan on using them in Africa for dangerous game there's nothing better for the price. I've put a lot of rounds thru my big revolvers with these. I'm sure they'll do great on rifles. They are not long/medium range optics.
Interestingly, I paid about $125 for mine. Now they're $219 at Midway.

Larry Rogers

Posts: 246 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, Thanks. It sounds good. I will use it for cape buffalo at 60 yds max. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Dang, Brian, good luck and please post your experiences on Cape buff!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill, Because of the covid19 pandemic I am not going until Sept. 2022. (It's a long road that has no turning.)
Am booked for SW Mozambique. Brian