THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Which stainless revolver .357 trail gun?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which stainless revolver .357 trail gun?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with those single actions, fellas, but they don't quite fit the OP's small-frame desiderata. Randy, I always drool when you mention your Keith #5.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16369 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Bill, did you see the pics I posted of it here about a year ago? Those ivory grips are fantastic. The fellow who built it for me had the Amish make the grips; it seems the Amish are not restricted on ivory work.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Randy, I did, but thought you posted them in a different forum ... Getting old ... Confused

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16369 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Bill, yes I did post them on a different forum. I was speaking of A.R. in general.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Nothing wrong with those single actions, fellas, but they don't quite fit the OP's small-frame desiderata. Randy, I always drool when you mention your Keith #5.

Talo vaquero sku 5162 stainless steel 3.75 inch barrel and weight of 37 oz. not the smallest as compared to a j frame, but not too big. Shoot I carry a fill size frame ruger or a x or n frame smith.

Posts: 5699 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
I began with the S&W M18 4" with mag grips as a teenager and still carry it occasionally.

But, the Model 19 .357 in 4 and 6 inch have been my primary outdoor carry guns for many years.

I also have a Taurus 44 Magnum copy of the M29 4" for use when circumstances dictate.

With the right leather, all of the above seem light and put a spring in my step when on the trail. Wink

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote