New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W Model 27-2! Photos
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
3-T gun with Target Trigger, Target Hammer end beautiful Alves target stocks with the right amount of rear to the stocks,
Pinned and recessed,
8 3/8ths tapered barrel with Partridge front sight and white liner rear,
Blueing is great with one small wash Mark above where the cylinder yoke and frame meet. You can only see it at a certain angle or light.
N-Frame 357 Magnum! Just like Philip Sharpe (The man most responsible for the 357 magnum) intended.

I love the top strap checkering/stippling done on the vintage Model 27s.

I let a 44 Special Model 24-3 With boxes, papers, and tools get away for a song. I talked myself out of bc it had a little rub of bluing at right hand of the muzzle. The Model 24-3 also came out in 1983 and is not pinned and recessed. Someone grabbed it up at this show. Good for him.

The revolver has a faint turn line.

This was my conciliation and maybe my last gun show prize.

Posts: 10791 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Sounds nice. Photos? Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will email them to you.

Posts: 10791 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
www.postimages.org is a great site to host your photos. Upload them from your phone to the site, click the top drop-down tab to go to the 640x480 (for message boards), and no photo time expiration, Then copy and paste once uploaded, no username/password required or anything

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heym, I have the exact revolver in 44 Mag, an N Frame 29-2 with the 3Ts and 8 3/8" barrel. They're great handguns.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will probably break down and shoot it and may hunt with it. The N Frame 6 Shot 357 was and is able to digest real magnum loads 180 grains at 1350-1400 and 158 grains at 1500.

However, my Rugers are for hard use. The N Frame smiths from the mid 80s back are American manufacturing history, like the Pre-64 Model 70 Winchester.

Of course, the N Frame 357s have that gorgeous tapered barrel that makes the 8 3/8ths just feel like a race horse.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Very nice find. The day I turned 21 in 1974, I bought a Model 28. Wish I still had it. The N frames handle the .357 just beautifully.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Guys, click on them to enlarge.

Thanks Bugle’em In.

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful revolver!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a wonderful revolver.

Bill - I also bought a S&W Model 28 when I was 21 (a little later, 1988). It was a model 28-2 that the previous owner had put Pachmayr presentation grips on. It was a great gun to shoot with an excellent trigger and I let it get go as well. I could get another one on Gunbroker I suppose, but not for the $220 I paid for mine back then.

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
You're right Bill, the 27 + 28 are the same revolver, just a difference in the high polish bluing. I remember paying $150.00 all day long for model 28's in the mid-70s. DPS was phasing out. Wish I still had what I had then. Hindsight is 20/20.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not have one, but 50 model 28s were done in a soft, dull Nickel.

I have only held one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I let a 44 Special Model 24-3 With boxes, papers, and tools get away for a song. I talked myself out of bc it had a little rub of bluing at right hand of the muzzle

I guess it would matter if one is just collecting them and not shooting them.

What a waste of fine firearms just laying around not doing what they were designed for.

But that is just me.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one to shoot. I take great joy in keeping even my shooters as nice as possible.

Being a -3, I would have shot that one. I like that a gun older than me has been kept together for over 30 years.

I am going to shoot this -2 357.

I going to carry the 657 during deer season.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
P dog

What a waste of fine firearms just laying around not doing what they were designed for.

But that is just me.

100% agree !!

Posts: 1610 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone who says that a M-27 and a M-28 only differ in the luster of the bluing, has not looked at a M-27 very closely.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not think the M28 had the checkered top strap.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I do not think the M28 had the checkered top strap.

You are correct.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote