THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Picture stories if you got’em

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picture stories if you got’em
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks: I have had a bad 10 days. Not really going to get better.

I do not want to get into it on the forum, but I would very much appreciate any gun pics and corresponding stories y’uns could provide.

Thank you all in advance.

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that things aren't going well. I've posted quite a few hunting stories here, but since you posted this in handgun hunting I'll just repeat this one picture of a pronghorn I killed a number of years ago in Wyoming. I used my Encore equipped with a 15" .308 pistol barrel and 150 grain Ballistic Silvertips.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you I meant to post in two other sub forums, but I got into the deep end of the pool and never circled back around.

That antelope is s perfect.

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your problem,stay strong!!

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 44 Buck

This nice 130"+ whitetail buck fell to my 44 magnum Encore pistol back in 2010. Not only did I use the 44 mag, but I shot him at 44 yards, 44 minutes into the season. My first shot offhand (he was at a very awkward angle) was a little low, only clipping the bottom of his heart. He ran into a standing corn field right next to the clearing he was shot in, and stopped. I waited about 10 minutes (should've waited longer!) and took up the spoor. I got about 30 yards into the corn when I heard him get up ahead of me and run off. When I got to the spot he laid, there was plenty of blood, and he was easy to continue tracking.

When I exited the corn about a hundred yards further on, I came to a slough that dipped down from the crop field about 10 yards. I stopped at a tree on the edge and glassed for the buck, finally finding him about 60 yards away, laying down. His head was up, but he was obviously very sick. I anchored him from the edge of the slough, and looked at my watch. It was another 44 minutes from the time I shot him first.

one of us
posted Hide Post
44 the magic number ! What's the barrel length
of the gun ? tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a 10" custom from Bullberry Barrelworks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the bladed brown tone and 44magic. Thank you.

One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. When I wrote this I had just spent the evening fighting my mother’s husband to remove life support from my mother. We lost my second youngest brother on December 14, 2014.

My mother had life support removed and passed 7 days later on July 2,2018. She would have turned 48 on July 12.

Yesterday was my youngest brother’s birthday. He turned 15 having lost his brother and mother less than 4 years apart. It has been rough.

Thank you all for the enjoyment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How you feeling these days?
Things letting up for you yet?

Went thru about the same things in 10. Dad, his buddy that was one of my girl friends that got into my pills and OD'd on 'em. All within about 15 days. Really attacked me.

Wishing you the best. Update us a bit, we care.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Mr. George.

It has just been a bad year. I find comfort in life with those I still have left.

I lost my adopted and only father at 17 in 2008, then my brother in 2014, my Mom really let it destroy her cumulating in her death this year. Then it was a fight with her husband to let her come off life support.

I am also doing the Estate bc he is too cheap to heir anyone, and it needs doing.

My brother was 18 and a 25 year old was in the car with him left him in the car did not call the 911. The 25 year old got himself killed this week. That really tore up my material grandmother.

Two weeks away from going deer hunting. I need it, and can’t wait.

My mom chose death. I find comfort in the end to her suffering. I choose life. Either you bury them or they bury you.

I have two brothers left. I worry about the youngest. He is the last connection Mom had with this world, but she completely laid him down in her suffering.

Life is bloody, fleeting, and cruel. But it is love, communing, triumph, and the bottom line is no matter what anyone believes we have to agree we are not meant to stay here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate to get a shot on this nice Spanish Goat the other weekend. T/C Contender chambered in 357 Maximum using a 180 grain Remington JHP.

NRA Life Member
HHI Member
SCI Member

"get busy living... or get busy dying"

Posts: 103 | Location: Central Kentucky | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LHeym:

Hope you've gotten thru the ordeals by now.

Some years ago I came up with one of my sayings, too bad it's a fact of life.

"the only way you'll ever avoid losing family and friends is if you go first"

Best wishes, hang in there.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello, I am living and more than that I am at peace with events.

Some days are just heavy.

I just got in from 36 straight hours, not one minute inside, of hunting one coyote and one 200 pound 2 year old buck.

Like you I had to articulate my own thesis, Either you bury them or they bury you.

Lately, it has been my cup to drink to do the burying. One day it will be my cup to be buried.

We can’t do anything for the ones gone, but love the ones and time we have left.

Thank you everyone. I dread the holidays, but will find joy nonetheless.

That is an awesome goat. Every man deserves at least one goat or sheep.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's nothing really to say to ease your loss. Hopefully this provides a nice distraction:

Redhawk vs Whitetail

Posts: 256 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The antelope is one I took with my 414 Supermag Ruger bisley after waiting 19 years to get drawn for a tag.