THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    ammo for a 41 Rem Mag- NEED HELP

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ammo for a 41 Rem Mag- NEED HELP
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted
Does anyone know anything about ammunition from Peters or Bitterroot Valley? I came across these (my father had these in his collection).

Don't know much about these. Would they still shoot?

Posts: 601 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
They should be fine. Ammo lasts a long time. One way to find out. Nice score BTW.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they will. Have fun.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peters = Remington. 210 is the standard weight for the .41
I would shoot it if the cases look OK.
What are you going to shoot it out of?

Posts: 276 | Registered: 25 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I above shot ammo a lot older. The oldest was cordite loaded 303 British.

Posts: 10798 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
No it's bad, so you can send it to me and I will help you get rid of it in a safe way, in my 41 Mag Ruger Blackhawk. Whistling

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Peters may be worth more than the the price of a new box and then some to a collector?

DRSS
NRA Life Member
VDD-GNA

Posts: 326 | Location: Cheyenne area WY USA | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
I have a S&W 41 mag in a classic hunter, six inch barrel...
quote:
Originally posted by LeonardC:
Peters = Remington. 210 is the standard weight for the .41
I would shoot it if the cases look OK.
What are you going to shoot it out of?

Posts: 601 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
You're right WY, some of those older boxes are bringing a premium to some collectors. I know at the gun shows here a few years back one guy was selling the old cardboard blue S+W (Bangor-punta)boxes for $100.00 each + he was selling them. I don't know how many I've thrown away over the years. I'm sure your ammo is good but you might make more by selling to a collector (there is a site here on A.r.)+ use that money to buy some current ammo (if you can find any in these troubled times.) If you can't find any + do have a collector interested let me know as I cast + load for that calibre.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote