THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Mounting scope/red dot on Desert Eagle

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mounting scope/red dot on Desert Eagle
 Login/Join

posted
I have a DE with intergal scope base but only has 2 slots. I have tried to mount a Pro Point red dot but the turret section was too wide to fit between the rings, then tried a small 2x scope but the eye piece would hit the frame and these were high mounts, haven't tried extra high mounts. What do I need to get this mounted and also which type of red dot would work?

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
What kind of rings are you trying to use? There are see through scope rings made especially for the Desert Eagle that are high and the rear one is angled so the rings are fairly far apart. If I remember correctly, they're about $25 from Magnum Research.

Mine are about 15/16th of an inch from the barrel to the bottom part of the scope ring. The rings are about 2¼ inches apart near the scope but the rear mount angles forward and at the barrel the bases are about 1 and 11/16th inches apart.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Grumulkin

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Ultra Dot will fit. It's the only one that will take recoil forever too.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Doctor Optic.

It only has one mounting screw.

They come with a 3.5 or a 7 min dot.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Might be careful with the dr. optic. I don't know how much recoil they will take. Best to call and find out. I was told by Bushnell that the Holo sight will not take the recoil of heavy handguns. I have my friends DE here to play with loads and I mounted the Bushnell Sportview red dot on it without a problem. It just fit!

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found a problem with the DE! It will not take most Weaver type rings. I was trying to change things around and found the base section is too narrow. Wider rings like the Warne won't let the Bushnell red dot fit and won't tighten on the base. Millet Rings can tighten enough as can the cheap, two piece rings that come with most red dots if the inside of the threaded portion is ground out so the lower screw can go deeper.