New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sling or Holster
 Login/Join

<SlimL>
posted
Which one do you folks like best and why. I use an Uncle Mike's bandolier holster for my scoped .257 Roberts Encore. I have a cartridge holder on the strap right next to the holster so when I break open the pistol and hold it in my left hand I can remove a round from the holder with my right hand and load the handgun. I did think that the snap was a little noisy though so I sewed on small piece of elastic that hooks over a snap button that is much quieter to undo and refasten. Slim

<Patrick>
posted
I spent much time searching for field carry holsters for 51/2" Redhawk and 71/2" Bisley, both 45 colt. I wanted good trigger protection, and a snug thumb break top hammer strap.
Though an unusual link, I found Dark Horse Leather products in Fairbanks. The are apparently horse tack supply, but, in my opinion make the perfect holster for hunting Rugers, either SA or DA. See model 205. take a look.

<Mark C. Kimmell>
posted
I put a sling on my Encore. I carry it on my right shoulder with the muzzle pointing forward. That way if conditions are wet my rain poncho is covering it. If I need it all I do is slide it off my shoulder.

<SlimL>
posted
Mark,
Doesn't that seem to bump into you as you move through the brush? For the blacktail up here in Washington they always choose the nastiest brush. The holster seems to pad the firearm a bit and protect it.
SlimL