THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    John Linebaugh passed away yesterday. March 19, 2023.

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Linebaugh passed away yesterday. March 19, 2023.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
FYI: John Linebaugh passed away yesterday. I have not adequate words. Those who knew and/or admired him, understand his contributions to the firearms world. Particularly big bore revolvers. He created a couple of his own legendary, big bore cartridges and breathed new life into the grand old 45 Colt. He will be missed.

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. I always enjoyed talking with John

R. I. P.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. I don't know how many times I have come back to his article on the power of the .45 Colt.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very sad to hear.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad to lose another good one.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1058 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, indeed. RIP, John.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
According to Shootist and friend Jim Taylor, John was winding down his business in preparation for retirement, and had recently had a good check-up, although he had some prior cardiac history.
I am reminded of our loss of Cal Pappas.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace John, big bore seminars will never be the same if they are still held.

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
According to Shootist and friend Jim Taylor, John was winding down his business in preparation for retirement, and had recently had a good check-up, although he had some prior cardiac history.
I am reminded of our loss of Cal Pappas.

I was going to go back to work for him as I did in Missouri and after.
We were going to do one gun a month.
Just relax and do what we loved. Build guns.
Gonna miss ya Pard

Posts: 435 | Location: South Central PA | Registered: 11 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Took my first Texas hog with a borrowed Ruger Redhawk that had been custom converted to a .500 Linebaugh. Lively and fun cartridge. Would have loved to have bought that gun from the original owner.

Posts: 277 | Location: Murphy, TX | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.americanrifleman.o...linebaugh-1955-2023/

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Surely he and Dick Casull crossed paths over the years, but I can't recall ever reading anything about it.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP Sir. We are diminished.

My condolences to his family and friends.

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Surely he and Dick Casull crossed paths over the years, but I can't recall ever reading anything about it.

Yes they knew each other well.
Somewhere I have a photo of them together

Posts: 435 | Location: South Central PA | Registered: 11 November 2010Reply With Quote