Find
Notify
Tools

3 shots with my 44
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted
no less, no more and the old 1x22 30mm tubeTasco Pro-Class I had on my 357 for nearly 20 years and thousands of rounds of ammunition decided to die on me.
We are kinda limited on choice over here, and the local Leupold agents tell me that they do not make a 30mm tube for handguns. I want a 1 or 2 power scope suitable for my Mod 29-2 in 8 3/8". My eyes do not lend themselves to iron sights any longer.
Any suggestions or reccomendations would be welcome.

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have Leopold, Burris and the Bushnell Elite 3200 scopes on handguns. I am not familiar with 30mm handgun scopes though. Some of the other guys on here use Aimpoints as well.

Good luck in your search.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree. I have a 2x4x30mm tasco pro-class on my 8 3/8" Model 57 that I would not trade for anything. Years of service with not a single hiccup. Unfortunately, like MS Hitman said, I can not find another true handgun scope in 30mm.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Are there any issues sending a scope to SA?

Interesting how manufacturers drop things "we" like, just like Simmons dropping the 2X7 that JDJ said was the only scope that never failed on any gun.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Sorry to take so long to get back.

I tracked them down and they are 4X and have very fine Crosshairs with a mini dot reticle.

Certainly NOT for action, faster than ground squirrels or groundhiogs

Now I know why I set them back and have not really looked at them since.

Sorry, I thought they were 2X.

Have you considered a Red Dot sight?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote