One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Okay. Here's what I dug up.

1,000 rounds of Blazer 200gr FMJ
1,500 rounds of American Eagle 180gr FMJ
200 rounds of Fed Premium 180gr Hydra Shock
200 rounds of Hornady XTP in 155, 180 and 200gr

There's more around, but that's what I was able to put my hands on today.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:
Okay. Here's what I dug up.

1,000 rounds of Blazer 200gr FMJ
1,500 rounds of American Eagle 180gr FMJ
200 rounds of Fed Premium 180gr Hydra Shock
200 rounds of Hornady XTP in 155, 180 and 200gr

There's more around, but that's what I was able to put my hands on today.

I'm probably too late to ask, but I'd like the Hornady XTP.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No one brought up the S&W Model 610!! Extremely accurate, and to boot, mine is chambered for 10mm Mag also Smiler

Posts: 98 | Location: N.MI to NE,IN | Registered: 02 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cold Trigger Finger
posted Hide Post
I had a S+W. Can't remember the exact model at the moment but, it was accurate and reliable. But I greatly prefer the G20. But if I found a Smith for a good deal I would probly buy it. The thing with the Glocks tho is they are a great price and deal. Plus everything is current with them. That's the infuriating thing with many US companies. They come up with a great gun, then they quit making them.

Phil Shoemaker : "I went to a .30-06 on a fine old Mauser action. That worked successfully for a few years until a wounded, vindictive brown bear taught me that precise bullet placement is not always possible in thick alders, at spitting distances and when time is measured in split seconds. Lucky to come out of that lesson alive, I decided to look for a more suitable rifle."

Posts: 1934 | Location: Eastern Central Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Anybody see this?
http://para-usa.com/2013/firearms/elite/hunter.php
If I were to get a 10mm it would be this one.

Posts: 3 | Location: Texas | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read on another Forum that SIG is going to be bringing out the 10MM in the P220 but looking on their website has shown nothing to support the information.

It would be great if they did roll out the 10mm in a 220. A great cartridge and a great pistol.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CarbineGuy, I like the 6" barrel but did not see a price.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have seen the MSRP to be $1250. Street price may be around $1100.

Posts: 3 | Location: Texas | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was told Sig will introduce 3 versions of the 220 in 10MM at the shot show in January. All will be with stainless frames and one will be SAO only. Seems like a great late Christmas present!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
got this one today. Range tomorrow

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
richj, very nice. The Omega's are link less I believe.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that a 6" barrel?
peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Carbineguy, there is a Kimber Custom in 10mm for sale in the Classifieds.
Peter.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
6", Liked the 140 Lead Trun. Cone.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Is that a 6" barrel?
peter

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
140 gr.? That's a very light bullet for a 10mm.
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I doubt anyone will see this in time to do anything about it, but there is a NIB Smith 610 for sale tomorrow at Heritage Auctions in Dallas, lot # 40218. I was going to bid on it, but the 25% buyer's premium, etc etc made me change my mind. I think it will bring at least $13-1400 hammer, which, if you live in Texas and have to pay tax, will mean it will be over $1800.

PS: I was wrong, sold for $1000 hammer, which actually made it a pretty good deal by 610 standards.

Also, just looked on Gun Broker and there is a 610 bored out for 10mm Mag, going off tomorrow, currently at $1000. Not mine, and I'm not bidding.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My one and only is plastic...the G20. Purchased the 6" KKM barrel, went to a 23#? captured guide rod, have the Heine rear, Fiber Optic front, Lone Wolf 3# trigger and an extended mag release. Been shooting a lot of XTP's out of them, them 200grn have never seen a moose or any bear just lots of targets.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up the Kimber TLE/RL II that was for sale here a few weeks ago. I haven't shot it yet, but does anyone have experience with one?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glock is coming out with the G40 Hunter, it is a 6 inch long slide optic ready pistol. Comes grooved for RMR or similar. Suggested Retail $699

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Got a G20, bone stock. Everyone has their reasons and criteria for pistols. Mine were:
-Take with me on archery hunts in grizzly country and have a reasonable chance of stopping/dissuading a peeved bear from a shooter that doesn't practice much (me).
-Not pretty/special/"spec ops" wannbe crap that needs special holsters, screws, batteries, matching colors, swagger or cool sunglasses to match. Just a basic reliable pistol.

The Glock 20 fit that criteria best FOR ME. I used to own various brands of single or double action .41 and .44 mag pistols. Loved the look and feel SO much more than the Glock. I mean Rick in Walking Dead has a stainless wheel gun in a wicked cool leather holster! However, if you're busy with other things in life and don't want to be a range troll and practice all the time, good luck getting accurate and fast with a wheel gun. Same scenario (rolling barrel/tire down a hill) with a wheel gun with six rounds vs. a semi auto with 15: no comparison at all on how many times you're going to hit the target (for those of us who don't practice much).

G20 works for me, others might work for you.

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I'd say the new G40 sounds perfect (I might get one).

I had Fusion build this wide body (14 rounds) 10mm with a 6" barrel a few years ago for me. It's super accurate and easy to shoot. I use the Double Tap Ammo; 200 gr JHP; 230 gr cast.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be cool if the KKM 6" barrel fits!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since I am a 1911 in 45 ACP die hard kind of guy I would carry my 45 ACP with Buffalo Bore +Pammo...

However if I was to go to 10mm it would be a Wilson Combat 1911. ..

But if I was on a budget a Glock 10mm would work very well.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thew new Glock 41 in 10mm looks very interesting. I don't know how well Glocks handle maximum loads though.
Peter.

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pacecars:

How well do the VZ grips fit the frame?

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Same scenario (rolling barrel/tire down a hill) with a wheel gun with six rounds vs. a semi auto with 15: no comparison at all on how many times you're going to hit the target (for those of us who don't practice much).

Or miss

Poor shots are poor shots no matter how many rounds they have in their gun.

Posts: 19358 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like those VZ grips..dr lou, what "-" is that 610 w/ the fluted cylinder?

Posts: 98 | Location: N.MI to NE,IN | Registered: 02 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just picked up this Sig P220 in 10mm. It's the Gun Talk Radio GT20 special edition stainless elite SAO. It sure is nice. Hopefully I'll get a chance to take it to the range this weekend.

Posts: 35 | Location: Phila, PA | Registered: 12 July 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Crap! I shouldn't have looked at this. Now I have another 10mm itch to scratch! Frowner

Posts: 486 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting that that Sig P220 10mm has a safety. Do the other P220's have safeties? I have (2) P226's and neither have a safety, assumed the P220 was the same.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gsganzer:
Interesting that that Sig P220 10mm has a safety. Do the other P220's have safeties? I have (2) P226's and neither have a safety, assumed the P220 was the same.

Just realized it's SAO, that explains it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe the standard models now offered in 10mm are the Stainless Elite, Match Elite, and one other, but I think they are all decocker only.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm! My EAA Witness Elite Match in 10mm has a safety and not a decocker.
This thread on the Pistol Shooting forum shows an EAA Witness Elite that looks like mine:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...961051112#9961051112
Peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aren't the EAA Witnesses CZ 75 clones? Having a safety instead of a decocker would make sense in that case.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I finally shot my Kimber TLE/RL II this past weekend. Some guys were checking zero on their rifles for an exotic hunt. It was maybe a 4x4 steel silhouette at 100 yards. When they were finished, I decided to have a go at it with the 10mm. I held right on for the first shot and kicked up dirt just at the base. The rest of the mag was held at the top edge and gonged it with regularity.

To say I'm impressed would be an understatement.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
maybe a 4x4 steel silhouette at 100 yards

A 4x4 inch steel plate not bad.

A 4x4 foot steel plate easy beans

Posts: 19358 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did glock start shipping the G40 yet?

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the late response but the VZ Grips fit perfectly. No gaps or overhangs. They are local to me and I am trying to convince them to make a set for the Ruger GP100. I have a 3 inch one at Dave Clements being converted to 10mm and the VZs would be perfect for it.