THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Is there any 100% stainless/rustproof handgun?

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there any 100% stainless/rustproof handgun?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted
Just curious. Is there any 100% stainless handgun? I mean rustproof. Not only frame and barrel, but internal parts also. Springs, screws, whatever. And also for "saltwater use". Just like diving knife. No care, no rust. I know some surface treatments are better than others, but it will get worn soon or later. So preferred "base metal" to be rust proof, not coating.

BTW I know stainless doesn't mean "rust proof".

(Not interested in answers as: Always clean and lubricate, use special holster, use rust inhibitors, use wax or jelly or whatever like that not welcome :-) )

Jiri

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:
Just curious. Is there any 100% stainless handgun? I mean rustproof. Not only frame and barrel, but internal parts also. Springs, screws, whatever. And also for "saltwater use". Just like diving knife. No care, no rust. I know some surface treatments are better than others, but it will get worn soon or later. So preferred "base metal" to be rust proof, not coating.

BTW I know stainless doesn't mean "rust proof".

(Not interested in answers as: Always clean and lubricate, use special holster, use rust inhibitors, use wax or jelly or whatever like that not welcome :-) )

Jiri

NO

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6589 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
X2

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have one and you are worried about it, send it to RoBar Industries in AZ. They can coat it in their proprietary coating and it will be rust proof. I'm told that after they get done, you can put it in a bucket of salt water for 2 weeks with no issues.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1093 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote