THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    "Colt or Smith & Wesson?" in 1965 Gun Digest

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Colt or Smith & Wesson?" in 1965 Gun Digest
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In the 1965 edition of Gun Digest [Annual], A. B. Kazan wrote an article titled, "Colt or Smith & Wesson?" Does anyone have the 1965 Gun Digest or the article that begins on page 147? I want to buy a copy of the article or the Gun Digest.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here you go a quick search found several.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offe...dition=used&qid=&sr=

Posts: 19361 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IKE
posted Hide Post
I've the complete book sitting here in the bookcase that I'll ship to you for $20.00.

The cover and all the pages are tight but there is a piece missing on the back cover about the size of a lime...it's not showroom quality but I think it looks pretty darn good for being a 53 year old paperback.

Posts: 230 | Location: Central Oklahoma | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smith & Wesson NP. Always. Why? Because of the "hump". Simply put the backstrap on any Colt double action revolver is poorly shaped.

Anything else, direction of rotation of cylinder, front lock up on the ejection rod or not, location of bolt cut-outs on the cylinder is irrelevant.

Even Colt's pull back cylinder release I'd be prepared (well maybe not) to forgive. But the lack of a "hump" settles the matter. 100%.

Now talk automatic pistols and any Colt in any calibre except 9mm beats any Smith & Wesson up to an about the 1990s. Apart from the best forgotten Double Eagle and 2000!

And in 9mm? Browning Hi-Power or CZ 75 or 85 stil is superior to any Smith & Wesson made before the 1990s.

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I was thinking like Enfieldspares as I went into a gun shop Wednesday. Looked for a carry gun. I Wanted a 45acp with moonclips, 45LC, or maybe a 41 mag in a Mountain gun, nightguard, or PD, all S&W. Came out with a 3" aluminum framed, S&W Performance Shop 45 acp. Will shoot it this AM. Already had a Kimber Aluminum framed 4". This S&W fits the pocket and a standard length grip and a 10 round magazine can be carried as backup/spare.

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I like the way this carries. The 3" 1911 is almost not there. The old Brazilian Contract with 2.25" barrel is much heavier. Must shoot it this weekend and see if it has some manners when shot. The N frame hits the palm a sharp rap. Probably needs a port job and surely needs another finish job. I still think the S&W is my choice in revolver. My department used to shoot 686s. Old habits, etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naphtali,

Send me your address, and I'll run a copy off for you.

Ed

Posts: 680 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 May 2009Reply With Quote