THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Glock 40 Longlside 10mm for Hogs Anyone?

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 40 Longlside 10mm for Hogs Anyone?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Anybody used this on Hogs or other?? What Bullets? Thanks dancing

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Y'all mean to say Glock???

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
OOPS! killpc

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got one with a KKM barrel, Zev Tech Fulcrum trigger and Dawson Precision sights installed.

I haven't killed anything with it yet as I largely carry it for bear defense.

I am handloading 200 grain Hornady XTPs for it and 200 grain Montana Bullet Works WFNPB boolits. I prefer my STI Perfect 10 and Dan Wesson Bruin to the Glock but it's still a decent pistol and is easily equipped with a red dot type sight should you want to forego the iron sights.

Posts: 445 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Sep, is that the 7-inch KKM? Hear glowing reviews.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Sep, is that the 7-inch KKM? Hear glowing reviews.

Nope, it's the 6 inch KKM. I too am reading good things about the 7 inch version. Really seems to boost velocity.

Posts: 445 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Have one incoming. Will report.

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Great!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine guides buffalo hunts in AZ. He has put down a couple buffalo now with it. He told me he uses the Underwood ammo and has had good experiences with the few he has had to finish off with it.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a G-40 MOS. I need to put an optic on it before I say for sure. But my initial impression is that it does not offer enough over a G-20 to justify the increased weight and size.

It is exactly as accurate as a G-20. It’s only two advantages are a slight advantage in velocity and being set up to accept an optic. Once I put an optic on it I might change my tune. But with iron sights, not so much.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wrong post! Damn!

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Surestrike, if I can get the trigger on the G40 to where I can stand it, I may try a Burris or Vortex red dot. With the 7-inch KKM stainless barrel, it starts to get big. Haven't shot the new tube yet, but have high hopes for some 180 XTPs and 200-grain WFNs over Blue Dot.

– John Green, author

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
I shoot lots of hogs with handguns, and you can kill them with any bullet. If you want to find them, however, then the CEB raptor is the only bullet I've found that will leave enough blood to follow. It cuts a perfect hole on impact that allows blood to flow, and the petals are deadly. A hog's thick/fat hide will seal up behind a cup and core bullet.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
New Guy, some of the boys over on the 10mm forum have been working with the CEB 190-grain solid flat point in their Glocks. There seem to be some pressure issues a handloader can get into with this bullet, but it penetrates like sin -- something like 52 inches of ballistic gel at 1100 fps.

– John Green, author