New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bucket List Big Bores
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just retired and figured I better get a few guns off the bucket list as soon as I can. I have always wanted a .500 caliber pistol and have been contemplating on which version and who to have build one. Long story short, this one came up on Gunbroker and I won the auction. It is a David Clements Bisley with a 5 1/2” barrel in .500 Linebaugh. While the auction was going on a member of one of the forums offered me the opportunity to buy one of his .500 guns if I didn’t win the auction. Since it was a John Linebaugh gun and I have always wanted one of his I told him I would take it too! It is a 4” barreled Bisley Vaquero in .500 Linebaugh by the man himself.

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A pair of fine 50s, for sure!

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Dave Clements built my Keith #5 which looks remarkably like yours on top, ivory stocks + all, although mine is in 44 mag w/ a 5" bbl. I understand he's retired now. He sure did quality work! He told me at the time that he had his ivory stocks done by the Amish as somehow they are not restricted by the fed for working in ivory.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When Dave built mine + had it in his possecion, I was going through a nasty divorce that cost me all my guns just to pay her off. But not that one as it was in his shop + I couldn't have sold it if I wanted to. Thank God that I paid him up front so that when he was through + I was as broke as a blind pickpocket in a nudist colony, I didn't have to come up with any money. I saved shooting it the 1st time for a special occasion + a couple of months later a friend was retiring from the Williamson S.O. + was having a big BBQ + shootzenfest at his place out in the country near Taylor. So I took mine + I am here to tell you that Dave does excellent work; That revolver would print 3 rds POI inside 3/4-1" at 50 yds. offhand.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
You certainly drew a fine pair there, Pacecars. Congratulations on the revolvers -- and on retirement.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
very nice pair

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man that is my dream as well
I have a 500 Linebaugh but it is a rifle
would be nice to get a companion pistola to go with it
who say's you can't win with a pair

Posts: 291 | Location: wisconsin  | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picked up the Clements gun today. Very tight still. The bluing has turned plum. I kinda like it

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Very nice tu2

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the plum coloring. From 25 years ago
My Linebaugh was that way after a while but last time John and I were working together we reblued it........have to wait again.

You will enjoy those

Posts: 435 | Location: South Central PA | Registered: 11 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just picked up the Linebaugh

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very Nice!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I am good in the big bore department now!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
enjoy retirement my friend!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir! So far so good!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A beautiful pair of guns.

My retirement gun will be a 5 shot Alpine by Bowen in 50 AE on moon clips if he still makes them then.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1026 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote