New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dick Casull gone too soon!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just read Dick has gone to the next plane of existence. He was 87. I have had a custom model 83 for over 20 years. Anyone with a 460 S&W can thank Dick for his work to fortify the caliber and make revolvers stronger.

See You on the other side.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew guys I served with that never lived to be twenty years old.87 seems to be a pretty full life.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I concur, he lived a long time.

My grandfather died in his early 50's, my father has trudged on to his 78 this year. He has the final stage of COPD, not sure he will see 80, let along 2019.

I don't have a male blood relative that I know of that lived over the mid-80's Dick did well.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was a teenager I worked for Dick's dad at his Sinclair station in Salt Lake City. I watched Dick shoot his original .454 with triplex loads during an antelope hunt in Wyoming. Very impressive indeed!

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have buried a brother who was 17 and a Father who was 62.

Whether you see it coming or not anytime is too soon for those who know and love the deceased.

Mr. Casull got 87 years. I did not know him other than through his firearm reputation. I wish he could have had 87 more good, quality years with those who loved him.

We are all waiting on our turn to die. Love and enjoy. Regardless, of one's beliefs we all must agree we are not intended to stay on this side of life.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ol Biker--don't you think it would have been a kind of mean-spirited for DrewHenry to have titled the thread something like, "Dick Casull finally gone"?

No offense meant, and I agree with your sentiment that 87 is a nice full life and he used it well, but your response to the effect that 87 wasn't too soon kind of tickled me...

Posts: 1720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote