THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RUGBY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports  Hop To Forums  Rugby    Rugby World Cup - who's your money on
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rugby World Cup - who's your money on
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted
Of course my heart says the Bokke, and together with NZ and England must be favourites. Ireland as the team to surprise us.

Posts: 263 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 20 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The All Blacks have to be the favorite after last night! I'll admit that I was worried about this first match as the Bokke have proved how good their defense is.

The problem with playing all defense is that you have to be perfect to win. All it takes is the smallest of mistakes and your opponent scores and you don't have the offense to keep up.

Threepeat?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice comeback by the Wallabies last night. Looks like Rugby is like our NFL and college football, baseball etc. Top players moving around for the $.

Posts: 451 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 03 January 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
NBC Sports will be carrying a few matches live and others on delay for free, if your cable companies have NBC Sports.

The only live matches carried for free are:

NBCSN
Italy vs. Canada 09/26 12:30 am PDT

England vs. USA 9/26 2:30 am PDT

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Who would have picked Ecuador over Fiji?

England looked strong in their win against the Eagles.

Frank

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Holy Crap!

Japan shuts out Ireland for the entire second half and wins convincingly!

The Bokke absolutely drubbed the Welwitschias,

Frank

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The wild weekend is on!

The Red Dragons outplayed the Aussies solidly in the first half and then held off the Wallabies for the win!

Frank

One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post
Know how the Irish must be hurting - only saw the first half but no surprise that Japan won

Posts: 263 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 20 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
After Uruguay beats Fiji, they get crushed by Georgia?

Frank

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
All Blacks played 11 new guys and won 63-0 over Canada.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post
Japanese played well against the Scots - deserved the win. Cant wait for next Saturday - Boks vs Japan!

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Great match wasnt it, kind of feel bad for the Scots but Japan deserved to win.

Im still bummed out the England France game didn't go ahead.

Posts: 7132 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Sad to see Japan out, they played their hearts out.

Posts: 7132 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
If the all blacks get past the poms they should win it

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
NZ out, sad to see them go but it was a good game.... Smiler

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:

I stayed off the internet because they showed the game on delay here yesterday.

I'm disappointed but I can't deny that the Poms outplayed the All Blacks and deserved the win.

My bet is that England beats the Bokke in the finals.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post
Big game on Saturday. Dont believe a word Eddie or Rassie says before the game - sure there will be some surprises from both teams regarding tactics - hope the Bokke will bring the WWE trophy home.
No not that one! The William Webb Ellis trophy!
Anyway - hope you enjoy the game, I know I will

One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
I’m betting the bokke by 7 points. After several years in the wilderness we have a chance to become the most successful team in WC history. We’re in the final against a world class side, it will come down to a few crucial moments in the match. Gonna enjoy this moment in history. No matter what the outcome

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Posts: 382 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very sad to hear they might ban the Hakka!

Bloody PC gone mad!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post
The Hakka is one of rugby's great traditions....can't imagine it going....

One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by umzingele:
The Hakka is one of rugby's great traditions....can't imagine it going....

It's gone for this week Wink

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris

Posts: 382 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:

I'm disappointed but I can't deny that the Poms outplayed the All Blacks and deserved the win.

Did you watch the game Frank? What a day for all of SA. Congrats to the All Blacks on their bronze title.

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris

One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post
Well done Bokke! Incredible game, and 2 tries to SA. What a day!

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Victor Watson:
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:

Did you watch the game Frank? What a day for all of SA. Congrats to the All Blacks on their bronze title.

Congratulations to the Bokke!

Unfortunately I missed the match, I was flying to Spain over the weekend.

Frank

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Victor Watson:
I’m betting the bokke by 7 points. After several years in the wilderness we have a chance to become the most successful team in WC history. We’re in the final against a world class side, it will come down to a few crucial moments in the match. Gonna enjoy this moment in history. No matter what the outcome

Vic,

I don't think that you can say that South Africa is the most successful team in World Cup history as 2007 is the only time that the All Blacks didn't make it to the semi-finals

Nine world cups

Championships
New Zealand - 3
South Africa - 3

Runners Up
New Zealand -1
South Africa - 0

Bronze Medals
New Zealand - 3
South Africa - 2

4th Place
New Zealand - 1
South Africa - 0

The Bokke can lay claim to being the only team to have been in the finals and never lost.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
Frank - SA have only played in 7 WC tournaments, won 3 of them. NZ have played in 9 and won 3.

Massive respect for the All Blacks and how they play their rugby. The most successful team in the world by some distance but unfortunately not in the World Cups

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris

Administrator
posted Hide Post
They certainly gave England a good ass kicking!

It looked like the English players - as usual - just expected to win.

And what a terrible show of their lack of sportsmanship not wearing their medals!

Bloody disgusting behavior!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
They certainly gave England a good ass kicking!

It looked like the English players - as usual - just expected to win.

And what a terrible show of their lack of sportsmanship not wearing their medals!

Bloody disgusting behavior!

It was shocking. Compare that to the All Blacks who displayed their bronze medals proudly

The English rugby team and media never fail to learn. Consistently happy to accept the favourites tag against the Springboks even though they lose to them so consistently in big matches and world cups of past. Played right into Boks hands who absolutely love to be considered the underdogs.

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris

One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post
Prince Harry meets the Bokke in their changeroom after the match - watch for Faf in his SA colours briefs - very "cheeky"
https://www.sapeople.com/2019/...their-dressing-room/