Find
Notify
Tools

World Cup 2011
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Getting exciting now.... I've got tickets for Auckland this weekend to see SA v Samoa and England v Scotland.

Can't wait, even though it means 18 hours in economy each way!

------------------------------

Richard
VENARI LAVARE LUDERE RIDERE OCCEST VIVERE

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
England vs Scotland should be good.

SA should wipe Samoa.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
500, I think it will be the other way...

SA and Samoa will be good as they both have a lot to play for.

England should cream Scotland.

Richard

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deerdogs:
Getting exciting now.... I've got tickets for Auckland this weekend to see SA v Samoa and England v Scotland.

Can't wait, even though it means 18 hours in economy each way!

I would have saved the money for hunting and watched the game on the box and saved my butt from 36 hours. Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
just go back from 2 weeks touring in NZ with my club. Attended 5 pool games, including the opener in AKL.
Saw some good games. The gap has closed a bit between the big guys and the little ones, however, not nearly enough to impact the knockout stages. Think the stats indicate a fairly dramatic reduction in points gap in these games. Good thing.
Here in the States, we can only hope. A victory against Italy is not out of the question, and will be huge for us going forward.

Crouch, Bind, Set!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deerdogs:
500, I think it will be the other way...

SA and Samoa will be good as they both have a lot to play for.

England should cream Scotland.

Yes, you are probably right.

I suppose I am living in the past where Eng V Scotland was traditionally a good close game.

Either way, it is good Samoa are coming up and beating a few of the bigger one's.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:

I would have saved the money for hunting and watched the game on the box and saved my butt from 36 hours. Big Grin

Cunningly, I have stitched five days of field sport in South Island onto the back of the rugby!

Richard

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
OK everybody, this is how it's going to go. By losing to the All Blacks, France now has the easiest route to the finals of any team out there. They will have to get by Scotland or England (but I predict Scotland will beat England) but that's really the only team that could beat them, but I predict France will prevail. So, it's France-New Zealand in the final match. Which of course New Zealand will win.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
OK everybody, this is how it's going to go. By losing to the All Blacks, France now has the easiest route to the finals of any team out there. They will have to get by Scotland or England (but I predict Scotland will beat England) but that's really the only team that could beat them, but I predict France will prevail. So, it's France-New Zealand in the final match. Which of course New Zealand will win.

What the hell have you been drinking?

Deerdogs, hunt report? ? ? ?

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
While it's true that France has been snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for years, all the good teams will be eliminating each other on the way to the finals. France does look like they're playing their B team, but England looks like they're playing their C team.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow the BOKS play Samoa, cant wait, it is make ore braek, unlukey the Boks have a hard time to make it to the final, but the BOERTJIES can make it and they wil!! Cickoff time 9:30 our time, cant wait!

Posts: 74 | Location: Vaal Triangle, Rep of South Afrika | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 303epps:
Tomorrow the BOKS play Samoa, cant wait, it is make ore braek, unlukey the Boks have a hard time to make it to the final, but the BOERTJIES can make it and they wil!! Cickoff time 9:30 our time, cant wait!

Apart from the first twenty minutes, the Boks didn't look too convincing at all. At the end of the day, well played Samoa tu2 As for the ref, looks like he was on pips. thumbdown

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea, the ref made some mistakes, but it look asoff the Boks just play to win, one good thing the didnt give penalties in kickable distance. Fourie and Morne kick the ball every time back to Samoa, you cant score if you dont have the ball, we could kick out and won the ball in the lineouts!

Posts: 74 | Location: Vaal Triangle, Rep of South Afrika | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Huge upset! Tonga beat France! They lost in the group France stil tru, a nation of only 105000 people did a great thing! Give them the right training and they could beat the real big ones!!

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Oh boy, showdown this weekend. I wonder if the Boks will be flying home next Monday.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

So far my prediction seems to be holding up, inspite of my choice of beverages. France just beat England and are in the semi-finals.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
France JUST beat England ??????

France walloped England and England tried to come back. As much as I wanted England to win, France deserved it and England didn't.

Same as Ireland / Wales, the Welsh deserved to win.

I just hope the Aussies don't get bundled out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Froggies ply like a good poker player, they stand a good chance to be in the finals! But the big game is tomorrow, can the Boks beat the Wallebys? I think so!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok Wallabys, you loose the game, you win the match!! Good for you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
4 good games played this weekend and the right 4 got through.

The Aussies hopefully are coming good.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Scriptus: Sorry about your Boks. Going by the stats, they should have topped the Aussies.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, but check out the humour [English] thread.
It was their's to give away.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
an
quote:
quote:
quote:

So far my prediction seems to be holding up, inspite of my choice of beverages. France just beat England and are in the semi-finals.

So, France has beaten Wales (just barely) and ye of little faith may now eat crow. (Am I right Donny, am I right?).

Finals will be as per my prediction.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wink: Congrats on the French win. Sounds like Wales played a hell of a game though.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Well at least the best team won today. The French have played some poor football in this tournament and how they are into the final is a mystery. I think the better game next weekend will be Wales v Aussie.

Richard

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who thinks the standard of refereeing has (yet again) been fucking piss poor all the way through this WC?

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
That's no bloody maybe. I am heartened to see that some of those who got away with so much last weekend, were pulled up today. But too late. The French are never going to win unless no 31 lends a hand. Then Lawrence can collect his coin.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Am I the only one who thinks the standard of refereeing has (yet again) been fucking piss poor all the way through this WC?

I think most would agree with that.

Although the ref i the nz / Aust Game I thought was quite good and let the game be played, advantage be played where appropriate.

I didn't see too many howlers from the Ref.

Re the french, I agree, how they got there, Wales lost through bad kicking !!!!

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
At least there will be one South African at the final, Craig Joubert gets to blow again. Something to be said for him. Cool

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
New Zealand won 8-7, but I don't think anyone predicted they would lose. Did anyone play better against them than the French?

posted Hide Post
France played very well, and really had the AB's rattled in the 2nd half. Congratulations to NZ

Posts: 94 | Location: Chilcotin B.C. | Registered: 05 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
New Zealand won 8-7, but I don't think anyone predicted they would lose. Did anyone play better against them than the French?

I was very impressed by the French, they really got New Zealand out of their game.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
close game had me worried they would loose it, the French defence was good as usual and put the All Blacks attack off a bit, still a win is a win

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote