New
Find
Notify
Tools

World Cup 2011
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In a couple of days the world cup starts, who would win it? Can the Springboks defend their title? Can the all blacks won it, they seem to lost the moment for a long time!

Posts: 74 | Location: Vaal Triangle, Rep of South Afrika | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My prediction?

USA is 4 games and out ina 0-4 drubbing by all opponents.

The Final?

England vs NZ or The Bokkies.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1027 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cheshire
posted Hide Post
Have to agree w/ Hasher the eaglettes will go 4 & out.

The Irish could get through the group play with few injuries and surprise everyone.

I hate the Poms!

The Boks are bit long in the tooth but when it gets down to the short rows they will buck up and play. I hope they repeat. I hate the Brits!

The All Blacks will probably choke....if the Aussie's play a few mind games they will choke! I don't care as long as they beat England!

Aussie's have some young talent but they play undisiplined.....just hope they stuff the Lions!

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, hearing the old ones wail, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters, while riding his gelding.”
Genghis Khan

Posts: 174 | Location: Saratoga, Wyoming | Registered: 28 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Cheshire, let me get this straight, you really do not like folk from "the Pudding Island?"

Only hours to go. Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
scriptus,

since you are in rustenberg I did get to refere while I was there. Impala Platinum Mining vs Western Rangers. What a hoot.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
scriptus,

since you are in rustenberg I did get to refere while I was there. Impala Platinum Mining vs Western Rangers. What a hoot.

Sorry mate, I live about 1100 klms away from Rustenburg. Wink

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
There we go, the first game, a physical one at that, all done and dusted. Judging by the peformance in the second half, things could turn out rather interesting in rest of the show. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
quote:
scriptus,

Sorry mate, I live about 1100 klms away from Rustenburg. Wink

Sorry about that one of teh PH's on AR is in teh Rustenburg area. My mistake.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
The Boks won't make it I'm afraid. My money is on the All Blacks with shards of brilliance from the Wallabys.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Code4:
The Boks won't make it I'm afraid. My money is on the All Blacks with shards of brilliance from the Wallabys.

We shall see, we shall see. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't wait, today the Boks must show wat they got!! Maybe they can show how rugby should be played!

Posts: 74 | Location: Vaal Triangle, Rep of South Afrika | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 303epps:
Can't wait, today the Boks must show wat they got!! Maybe they can show how rugby should be played!

JEEZ! ! ! Not the way they played today. Just so many aimless wankers running here, there and nowhere. Sorry, JS is past it [Bismark du Plessis is rated as the best hooker in the world at the moment] and JP PIETERSE must be about the friendliest bloke on the field, patting the opposition on the back instead of tackling. Of course it is way past the time that de Villiers was sidelined, maybe to paint the white lines. He is still living off Jake White. Not an original thought in his empty head. Another example of a political appointment in SA. Confused

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They started good, but then all they did was defend, the replacements did bring a spark, Fourie is to old to ply and John Smith, hope he got injured!

One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
quote:
My prediction?

USA is 4 games and out ina 0-4 drubbing by all opponents.

The Final?

England vs NZ or The Bokkies.

USA 13 - Russia 6.

Yes, there are a few cocky Americans that like there ball Egg Shaped! It might be a long shot for us to advance but we're not going 0-4!

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Well once again the poor Japs were shown no mercy, but at least did better than last time, or did the ABs do worse than last time. Cool

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
The septics got up against Russia. Good on them for having a go.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Game against Fuji done, look like the world champs are back, they give Fuji a rugby lesson!! Thats how the game should be played, tackle and run the ball!!

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
A far better display of good rugby today. Maybe, just maybe. clap

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I haven't got a fucking TV to watch it on now and my internet connection is soooooooo slow today, I can't even load any of the rugby websites to see who's playing and/or who's winning.

A real PITA!

I assume SA is playing today though as every bugger in town is wearing SA rugby shirts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The big upset Irish beat Wallaby's!!!

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Damn...... that was surprise.The Paddies tend to ne an underrated side IMO but I'm surprised the Aussies got spanked....... Was it more a case of the Paddies playing well or the Aussies playing badly?

one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
Paddies shut down the two Aussie playmakers... quite a surprising outcome, but makes the whole thing more interesting... I have no doubt the aussies will rebound...maybe see them in the final????

...."At some point in every man's life he should own a Sako rifle and a John Deere tractor....it just doesn't get any better...."

Posts: 630 | Location: Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Just watched the French slaughter the Canadians!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66911 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is like Big Daddy playing junior. But the Canadians is getting better!

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Just watched the French slaughter the Canadians!

I do not know about slaughter, the score line belies a valiant Canadian team. Come the dawn, there will be more than one sore "Froggy." Roll Eyes

one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
there will be more than one sore "Froggy."

Wink

Soften them up a bit for the AB's

...."At some point in every man's life he should own a Sako rifle and a John Deere tractor....it just doesn't get any better...."

Posts: 630 | Location: Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrackersNZ:
Paddies shut down the two Aussie playmakers... quite a surprising outcome, but makes the whole thing more interesting... I have no doubt the aussies will rebound...maybe see them in the final????

shakari

A bit of both. the Irish are not as good as they were but they definately played well and
as tracker said above.

Our forwards were not good, gave away penalties.
The backs, who according to another Aussie poster on here are "world class" (I have yet to see it) just couldn't get going and the Irish defended really well.

We just didn't get it together at all.

I somehow doubt the Aussies will get to the final.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Well today was a slaughter, Boks-85, Namibia-nil.
Oh dear! Eeker

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Scriptus: Why not share your improvised Bokkie shirts and lift everyone's ... um ... spirits, among other things?

beer

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes the Boks slaughter Namibie, but thry plyed not constructive, a lot of simple errors, they are not fully operational yet!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are watching the Aussies clobber the Yanks!

Posts: 66911 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is like a lion playing with a mouse!!

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Shame, the poor bloody yanks got properly stomped on. Eeker

Bill/Oregon, not a bad idea but methinks Saeed and Walter would kick my butt back into the thorn-trees.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Aussies still made a few blinders (mistakes) which the Yanks took advantage of, like leaving the blind side of open near that scrum and as a result they scored a try.

I really thought Australia would have done better.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I see the Kiwis are giving the Frogs a good run for their money!

Great match so far - one sided though!

one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
5 tries to 2 by the Kiwis against the Froggies "B" side.
Of the Froggies tries, one was slippery the other sneaky....shouldn't have been allowed..
Nice game all the same!!!
A few sore Kiwis in the end!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It look asof the Frogies did'nt want to play!! Thet did everyting standing, no urgensie in their play!! Look asof thei want to loose!!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Great match, Argentina and Scotland

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Great match, Argentina and Scotland

Ditto tu2

one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrackersNZ:

Quade Cooper?? He is a liability. A poor man's Carlos Spencer!

------------------------------

Richard
VENARI LAVARE LUDERE RIDERE OCCEST VIVERE

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote