Tools

Well done Scotland
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted
The Flower blossomed yesterday - 25-13

Well done Lads!

Posts: 263 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 20 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Well played! It surprised me to tell you the truth. It looks like England had no plan to stop Jones but honestly, any other team in the world would have trouble with the way he was playing.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post
Hugh Jones was spectacular - what about the loose forwards, the tackles and turnovers from the forwards, textbook stuff - Scots were not intimidated at all. Saw on the news feeds that when the players left the field after the pre match warm up Farrell pushed one of the Scots and this started a bit of the old handbags in the tunnel.

Posts: 263 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 20 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post

https://s18.photobucket.com/us...zpsu1nnyzqz.jpg.html

The first airplane I owned was this Aztec 5060Y. It had been a bank check runner and was worn out when I got it. I spent a ton of money at numerous shops keeping it signed off as being air worthy. One dramatic episode was a big engine fire in the left engine. The end of my involvement with 60Y a couple of years later followed landing at Streator Illinois through a big tree. My insurance totaled it but this picture was later taken in Hawaii. I would like to meet the guy who had the guts to ferry it over - if that’s how it got there!
Next I bought this new Piper turbo arrow. It was decked out with new Collins Microline’s and nearly any option available including on-board oxygen. My last flight in it was an attempt to get to New York City to appear on the National Public TV’s McNeil Lehrer report. I was flying over some weather on oxygen and had neglected to switch on the pitot heat. The pitot froze and that unexpectedly dropped the landing gear. The loud noise of the gear dropping scared the crap out of me. I had enough of the weather for the time being and landed at an airport in Ohio, rented a car and drove the rest of the way. When I returned two days later a guy at the airport had left a note with the FBO. He was admiring the plane and wanted to know if I would sell it. I sold it to him then and there.
On the day my new V35b was to be delivered I had a scheduled meeting in Hopkinsville Kentucky. The pilot that delivered it was supposed to check me out but when he eventually showed up he said he had to catch a commercial flight out of STL but could check me out on the flight to take him to Saint Louis. All went well to “Hoptown”. The next morning I had it topped off and started home.
Setting up for the approach at my home airport the engine quit. I switched to the right tank but it did not start. I was not going to make it to the runway so I pulled up the gear and belly landed in a muddy soybean field. It was back flying within a month and I flew it for several years after that.

I moved to the Ozark hills. Due to the hills I decided another twin was called for. At the Harrison, Arkansas airport sat a Baron for sale which ended up my second best airplane. I had only one incident that I can recall and that was not my fault nor the airplanes.

Eventually internet technology made it un-necessary to go to clients offices. I could deliver using “dropbox” at a much less cost than flying. I sold the Baron and bought the Citabria just for fun. I was one of - if not the last student of Marion Cole - learning aerobatics in his clipped wing Decathalon. This Citabria was my best airplane and due to Parkinsons’ it was my last.

The first airplane I owned was this Aztec 5060Y. It had been a bank check runner and was worn out when I got it. I spent a ton of money at numerous shops keeping it signed off as being air worthy. One dramatic episode was a big engine fire in the left engine. The end of my involvement with 60Y a couple of years later followed landing at Streator Illinois through a big tree. My insurance totaled it but this picture was later taken in Hawaii. I would like to meet the guy who had the guts to ferry it over - if that’s how it got there!

Next I bought this new Piper turbo arrow. It was decked out with new Collins Microline’s and nearly any option available including on-board oxygen. My last flight in it was an attempt to get to New York City to appear on the National Public TV’s McNeil Lehrer report. I was flying over some weather on oxygen and had neglected to switch on the pitot heat. The pitot froze and that unexpectedly dropped the landing gear. The loud noise of the gear dropping scared the crap out of me. I had enough of the weather for the time being and landed at an airport in Ohio, rented a car and drove the rest of the way. When I returned two days later a guy at the airport had left a note with the FBO. He was admiring the plane and wanted to know if I would sell it. I sold it to him then and there.

On the day my new V35b was to be delivered I had a scheduled meeting in Hopkinsville Kentucky. The pilot that delivered it was supposed to check me out but when he eventually showed up he said he had to catch a commercial flight out of STL but could check me out on the flight to take him to Saint Louis. All went well to “Hoptown”. The next morning I had it topped off and started home.
Setting up for the approach at my home airport the engine quit. I switched to the right tank but it did not start. I was not going to make it to the runway so I pulled up the gear and belly landed in a muddy soybean field. It was back flying within a month and I flew it for several years after that.

I moved to the Ozark hills. Due to the hills I decided another twin was called for. At the Harrison, Arkansas airport sat a Baron for sale which ended up my second best airplane. I had only one incident that I can recall and that was not my fault nor the airplanes.

Eventually internet technology made it un-necessary to go to clients offices. I could deliver using “dropbox” at a much less cost than flying. I sold the Baron and bought the Citabria just for fun. I was one of - if not the last student of Marion Cole - learning aerobatics in his clipped wing Decathalon. This Citabria was my best airplane and due to Parkinsons’ it was my last.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us