Find
Notify
Tools

"Invictus"?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted
I'd be interested in any input South Africans have on the film, namely if you like it.

Beste,

Barry

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
It's only just been released here and probably won't get to the outlying areas for a while..... But FWIW, I loved the book!

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
I'm reading the thread at African hunting. Thanks for the South African perspective, which is what I actually wanted to get (as opposed to the usual AR bickering.) When y'all get to see the flick I hope you will chime in about the movie and whether y'all think it did a good job.

Steve, you have a way of stepping around the mud that's slung. I appreciate your attitude.

Barry

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Barry,

I reckon it's always a good idea to try to spread light and not heat...... Wink

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting to see it myself, mostly to see how they treat the qualifying matches leading up the final. South Africa beat New Zealand in the final, by outplaying New Zealand. I'm not sure the same can be said about their victory over France however, where officiating seems to have been rather slanted, to make an understatement. Steve may remember that match.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea it was good flick, there where many, many things going down in 1994 \ 1995, the Rugby world cup of 1995 will always beremembred though - fondly I might add.

The Kiwis still claim food poison, the proceeding world cups just showed that the all blacks are unable to get their grubby paws, on the William Webb Ellis flower pot - Sad but true

..--..

Posts: 217 | Location: BC - Canada | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
I finally managed to get a copy on DVD to watch. Not much Rugby to watch. It was more to do with the attempt to use Rugby as a unification tool.

When I heard it was directed by Clint Eastwood (An American) I thought 'what would he know about Rugby?' It was worth watching though.

Did Mandela really get 'drawn into' Rugby or was it poetic license/a sop for the population ?

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve can you get NET flicks There? you could watch it on your pc as soon as it is released on dvd Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote