Find
Notify
Tools

No love for Cricket?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I'm still struggling about whether I love or hate Cricket. As all I really know is that I don't understand it.

But the Kiwi's beat South Africa by one run with one ball left!

Do they get the Aussies or India in the finals?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Any "sport" that has a tea break can hardly be considered a legitimate sport. Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 21188 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Any "sport" that has a tea break can hardly be considered a legitimate sport. Big Grin

Its meant for gentlemen who appreciate proper English double rifles dancing

Australia - New Zealand in finals. India lost to Australia.

I gave up on the game a while back - too much match fixing. Kind of like Don King took over the game.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I'm still struggling about whether I love or hate Cricket. As all I really know is that I don't understand it.

Frank

I'm still heartbroken about that game. Woke up at 3am and was on the edge of my seat all morning. Hope the kiwis thrash the Aussies and SA win it in 2019. That would set right all past world cup wrongs.

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Posts: 382 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Victor Watson:
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

Frank

I'm still heartbroken about that game. Woke up at 3am and was on the edge of my seat all morning. Hope the kiwis thrash the Aussies and SA win it in 2019. That would set right all past world cup wrongs.

Victor

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Posts: 382 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Australia put it away with ease - let's hope 2019 it's anybody but Australia !!!

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post
I played cricket as a kid....very boring to play and even more boring to watch - my opinion. A five day test match usually ends in a draw...go figure!

Posts: 263 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 20 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wish I understood it too.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Wish I understood it too.

Its seriously not worth it. The US tax code might be easier to understand than all the rules of cricket.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope!! None.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1283 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote