THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RUGBY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports  Hop To Forums  Rugby    Tough to find rugby on TV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tough to find rugby on TV
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Pretty hard to find a game on the telly here in Oregon. But then, I don't know the rugby rules, either. Been reading up on rucks, mauls, scrums, etc., but I think I would learn the game best in a bar in Bloemfontein have some pints with the lads while watching the big screen...
Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Bill

You're dead right there about the best way to learn the rules..... don't watch SA play though because they don't know the rules either! rotflmo

You might be able to get some of the international games and maybe the Guinness Championship etc on the net.

FWIW, as far as I know, we don't get any American football on TV here at all!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill

Dont listen to shakari his a pommie and only knows about drinking tea and save the queen. dancing

If you want to understand the rules come visit us when the blue bulls play western province or when he springbokke(south africa) beat the pommies(english team) again.

Steve all in love and war.

Best regards
Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Luan: I posted this earlier:

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill

Thats a cheers on you too (laat hy val waar hy wil).I must say for a american guy you look great in that jersey and you welcome at my ranch anytime for a game i will even consider to invite shakari too. Wink

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me mate! beer beer beer

Bill,

We'll also convince him to do one of his bushpig braiis, they really are the dog's doo dahs! thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try and get Setanta sports - I have it on Satelite here in BC - can't wait for the super 14's to kick off - not to mention the tri nations.

..--..

Posts: 217 | Location: BC - Canada | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the URL for the Super Sports channel and the Vodacom matches?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:

Rich
DRSS

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Those of you with Setanta, is it worth the extra $15 or so a month? I miss the days when Fox Sports World carried Rugby and have not had a chance to invest in satellite since then (2004?) but I am getting it installed next month because I miss the Super14s and I'll be damned if I am forced to watch time delayed for next year's World Cup in NZ.

Cheers

Posts: 13 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 14 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes you canfind full matches on yourtube.

If you get Fox Sports Rocky Mountain you get some games on there ae well. They also just had the first two rounds of the Churchill Cup. I was working at the game doing the IRB paperwork LOL.

And i just saw some rugby on the US channel on cable.

Last world cut Setanta just didn't cut it for me so I dropped it completly.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1027 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well, I stumbled across my own answer last night:

http://www.examiner.com/p-1773...stribution_Deal.html

I was signing up for Verizon FiOS for Internet and Phone at the new place and they asked me why I was going with satellite TV. When I told them chiefly for Setanta Sports and the ability to watch Union, they informed me it was now available on cable.

Done and done, looking forward to next year's cup as well Super 14 and other matches.

Go Tahs!

Posts: 13 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 14 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerhard.Delport:
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:

Rich
DRSS

Oh Yea, for a south African - living without his rugby, biltong and braai is not living at all.

For me Setanta is worth double e the price I pay for the privilege.

..--..

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/

Posts: 217 | Location: BC - Canada | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outlaw6:
Those of you with Setanta, is it worth the extra $15 or so a month? I miss the days when Fox Sports World carried Rugby and have not had a chance to invest in satellite since then (2004?) but I am getting it installed next month because I miss the Super14s and I'll be damned if I am forced to watch time delayed for next year's World Cup in NZ.

Cheers

Never really paid much attention to Rugby unitl my tour in Iraq. The Aussie's got a bunch of us Americans to play and it was a big hit. I've been hooked ever since. If I remember correctly, I saw where Fox is carring a channel for the World Cup this year (2011).

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Any update? Especially as we get closer to RWC?

Thanks.

Posts: 7 | Location: northern CA | Registered: 25 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only way to get the matches are on universal sports network which is part of NBC sports or through Pay Per view.

Cost for entire tournament is $149.99, individual matches for $24.99 and knock out matches for $29.99 each.

NBC will carry the US vs Ireland on Sunday, New Zealand vs Canada and the final.

You can see the full schedule at
http://www.universalsports.com...wing-grid/index.html

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The local NBC station carried the All Blacks-Canada match today at noon and said that they would be carrying the finals on the 23rd (?) Unfortunately it will be time delayed.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote