THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    Anyone around portland have 2 1/2" shells?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone around portland have 2 1/2" shells?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone around the greater Portland OR area have a couple of boxes of 2 1/2" 12g shells they would be willing to part with? #5 or #6?

I thought I had quite a bit in the basement but when I started digging through things in preparations for a pheasant hunt next week I realized I'm almost out. I've ordered a case from RST but I'm not sure it will get here in time...

Posts: 178 | Location: WA, USA | Registered: 20 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Rick, ask over at iFish.net. Might have to register if not already a member. Great Oregon/Washington hunting and fishing forum.

I won't take a sermon longer than 10 minutes.

Posts: 13802 | Location: Alamogordo, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i got mine from RST also... 4 boxes of 5's,,, and 10 of 8's... for my old Parker Trojan ....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2637 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Ask MDStewart, he shoots them by the case. Not in Portland though.

Posts: 13361 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, Kirby with Vintage Doubles came through for me. And for those who do not know him, I couldn't possibly think of a more stand-up guy to deal with for your gun purchases!

Posts: 178 | Location: WA, USA | Registered: 20 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Rick, that's great.

I won't take a sermon longer than 10 minutes.

Posts: 13802 | Location: Alamogordo, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a side question here. Can you make 2 1/2 inch from 2 3/4 inch by cutting them down ?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just a side question here. Can you make 2 1/2 inch from 2 3/4 inch by cutting them down ?

Yes. I use Remington STS hulls, data from Hodgdon shotshell manual. To shorten the shells I drilled 12 51/64" holes through a dry 2x4 on 2" centers. Counterbored clearance for the brass. Set the fence of a table saw at 2 1/2". Use a fine pitch saw blade. Change your loader to a 6 point crimp. The end result looks like factory.

Dave

Posts: 2062 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote