Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cold weather range gloves?
 Login/Join

posted
Here in MA, today, I went shooting with friends for two hours, late afternoon.
By the end, we were pretty chilly, especially hands. We shoot every weekend.

Anybody have a good cold weather type shooting glove that they like?
I find them either too bulky, or too thin to be warm.
Any recommendations? I looked at tactical type gloves online, but not really seeing anything good for cold weather.
Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I find them either too bulky, or too thin to be warm.

Good luck I have been searching for 5 decades.

I am lucky my ranges have been just out side the door.

So even at -30 or so I have been able to get a few rounds down range.

Hand warmers in the pockets can help.

Posts: 19313 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you. One week, one reply.
Going to drop the handwarmer packs into these gloves.
Thanks again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use inexpensive ski gloves with a slit cut in the index finger of the trigger finger glove. Everything stays covered until you are ready to shoot.

Posts: 3652 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
They do make gloves like that so one can get the trigger finger free. As to the hand warmers; in the 60's we had a product called Joe-E that looked like a big lighter + ran on lighter fluid. I still have one but haven't seen them sold in years.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobster:
I use inexpensive ski gloves with a slit cut in the index finger of the trigger finger glove. Everything stays covered until you are ready to shoot.

This with a hand warmer in my trigger finger/hand pocket.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I was pretty happy with those gloves:

Will not last long, but cheap enough to change every few years. I believe no more in production.

Jiri

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Air Force (or maybe Army?) mittens, with leather palms and wool (I think) liners.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob Allen 313 "Premier" Insulated Leather Gloves have worked well for sporting clays, skeet,five stand down to about five degrees F.

Posts: 94 | Location: Hastings, Mn | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
I realized if I can just keep the wind off my hands, I'm fine. For that, some deerskin work gloves I bought a size small and stretched out over time work great. I also throw a pair of the Hothands mega warmers in my pockets. Those work better than any glove.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive never found a glove that worked for me...either too bulky if warm, or cold hands with the others,,I use the thin ones and they are better than nothing....eskimos and RCMPs in Canada use mittons that are warm on a string around the neck with very light gloves underneath..need to shoot pull the glove off and shoot with the very light gloves on...Seems the best option to me..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41758 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used golf gloves for years for trap & skeet, just cut the trigger finger off so I still can feel the trigger.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote