Find
Notify
Tools

Flip target
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
A friend brought a new fun shooting target to our club today. They're Spanish design and production and they are one of the best dynamic targets for plinking I have ever seen or used. Here's a link:

http://flip-target.com/firearms/xtreme-2000/

It seems they're sold in the USA by a distributor called ArmyProperty (try Google?), but they're selling for approximately 40 Euros in France, for the 9mm - 40 cal target. They also make the same target for 22LR and a plastic version for air guns. I'm getting two.

We spent the day inventing contests with these things, over the line, show-downs, speed drills, etc. I haven't had so much fun with a handgun in years.

By the way, you will notice that their largest target is for 9mm to .40 cal. During our practice session we didn't see any evidence of excessive wear on the target using a .45 ACP. On the contrary. We did see however one potential reason for the heavier caliber not being listed; the greater momemtum of the heavier bullet causes the target to turn somewhat, rather than moving along in a straight line. With the nines and the forties it just backs up in a straight line and next target face presents itself.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Very Impressive!

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
In Scandinavia the local carspares pusher sells these things for $12

Only 22LR but loads of fun.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Since I always shoot rabbits through the eye that second target wouldn't work for me. Cool

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good idea, but if the target will arise edge to shooting?

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
Since I always shoot rabbits through the eye that second target wouldn't work for me. Cool

Is that why they call you Wink??

Posts: 1613 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo