posted
What is it? Where can I get one?

one of us
posted Hide Post
little ones..
http://kennesawcannon.com/

bigger barrels
http://www.buytheworld.com/cat0-54-219.html

But probably best to build it yourself, or commission a machine shop.

http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, well I have some cannons, a small machine shop, woodworking. I don't cast barrels, but they're readily available online.

I was just wondering about this specific cannon in the photo and if anyone knows anything about it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks a bit like this one ...

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
I would like to have that 12lb howitzer with a trip fuse and loaded with cannister set up in my garage. Next time some SOB wants to take off with my property.............

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My nephew is a hobby craftsman/woodworker. He made a model civil war cannon, used a piece of waterpipe for the bore inside a fake wooden barrel. Put a hole in the base for a firecracker and shot ping pong balls out of it. That thing was a blast.

Posts: 15861 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got one that is well done, can shoot billiard balls, etc. I'd sell it for $3000 which is less than I paid but you'd have to pick it up in NE Texas.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of h2oboy
posted Hide Post
There is always one or more cannons of varying size around my shop. The guy I lease from is always building them. Here is the latest..it is in the final stages of completion. The bore is 2 5/8" just the right size for a pop can. This one is for sale but if it's not your cup of tea I am certain he would be happy to build anything.

Dirk Schimmel
D Schimmel LLC
Dirk@DoubleRifles.Us
1-307-257-9447

Double rifles make Africa safe enough for bolt guns!

Posts: 495 | Location: Gillette,Wyoming | Registered: 16 May 2007Reply With Quote