Find
Notify
Tools

Got a reloading pic to share?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Folks

The curtains behind the case prep / Dillon bench need to stay closed, as that window faces the street (This IS Jo'burg - crime capital of the country!) However, I do indulge myself by opening the curtain and window behind the cleaning / maintenance. Makes the summer heat a little more bearable, and I do love the view!

Finally got around to photographing the rifle cabinet, too

Posts: 408 | Location: Johannesburg, RSA | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I wanna come over to your house to play!

Posts: 1 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: 27 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
My "man cave/reloading/gun room"

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of flntknp17
posted Hide Post
The corner of my man cave dedicated to rifle reloading. Also have a section with four shotgun loaders.....one for each gauge.

Posts: 38 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 September 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Alamo308
posted Hide Post
My little bench, a repurposed computer desk. Located in "The Gun Room" along with some serious stereo equipment (mostly analog).

Posts: 17 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 August 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum, Alamo308!

Great-looking set up you have there. Love the stereo equipment too!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just getting started. (Basically) finished this bench yesterday. A deceased friend, my shooting buddy, gave me the bowling alley top. I was thinking to mark it with a small plaque with the birth and death dates of my friend so I contacted his son. Bad timing, Chuck was born Nov 3, 1937 ... today is his birthday. His son's divorce will be final in 45 days and, like so many men, he's in "starting over with nothing" mode. Tough time for Charles (the son).

Good sentiment, bad timing.

So ... here's to Chuck Blackburn (1-3-37/02-02-15) ... best friend I've ever had.

The pizza and wine was to celebrate completion (plus, I was starved!), but I guess they also serve to mark his birthday.

Bill

NRA, Grass Roots North Carolina,Tea Party Patriots, National Association of Gun Rights, PHAshoots.net.

I drank the blue kool-aid - will work for brass.

Posts: 55 | Location: Lexington, NC | Registered: 24 October 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bore Fan:
Befor nearly three years, I moved to a new flat with my girlfriend, married and so I must "update" my reloading bench. The flat is now bigger, but "my" space is smaller. Wink

And with my Dillon 650.

Martin

Dead links. I just got a 650 and want to see what you've done with your limited space.

NRA, Grass Roots North Carolina,Tea Party Patriots, National Association of Gun Rights, PHAshoots.net.

Posts: 55 | Location: Lexington, NC | Registered: 24 October 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColsPaul:
you guys are making me look horrible.
I gotta sort and rack or ?? all this brass!
I swear it muliplies when I turn off the light!

Never turn the lights off ... stay in there until it is all reloaded. By then it will be daylight and time to shoot it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Sincerely, Sisyphus.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wdo:
I really need a decent space setup. What height do you guys like your benches at?

The Dillon XL650 manual says the bench should be 16" below eye level. So measure from your eye 16" down and then measure from the floor up,if you intend to load standing (I do) or sit in the chair you intend to sit in and measure up from the floor to the part of your body that is 16" below your eyes when seated.

This will probably work out to just about the top of your forearm when your elbow is cocked and your arm is horizontal. This will give you excellent leverage and good visibility.

That, at least, is how I interpreted the instructions. For me, it resulted in a bench top at 46". That seemed high ... until I actually got it constructed and mimed working the press lever. I won't have to lean down to complete the down stroke nor will I have to stand on tip-toes for the up stroke.

If I decide to work seated in the future, I'll just get / make an adjustable stool and it should all be good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M16:
Here's part of mine.

I look at that and think "My God ... I'll NEVER have enough money to reload!"

Then I remember what my garage looked like before I started woodworking.

Room. It had room.

I'll catch up. And, one day, I will actually have everything I need to reload a single caliber. ;-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Here is my set up.

I am reminded of a comedy skit from way back with the elk rack on one side of the wall over the bosses' desk and its backside on the other side of the wall over the underlings desk.

:-]

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
This post looks like a good opportunity to actualize old pics, so I shot some new of my gun room. Here we go :

Loading bench

Ammo corner

Safe

Safe open

Rack R

Rack L

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 18 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nice!
I'd have to clean mine up before I published any pictures! Eeker

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 66752 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
My Hollywood corner. The tallest one is 1 of 100 in existence.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

This is my latest .308 Win. load. It uses an 05 FC case and the bullet is a Hornady 150 gr. FMJBT. I was trying to replicate a US GI M80 ball load. The Hornady's cannelure isn't in the right place. If I push the bullet back so the cannelure's flush with the case mouth it will greatly increase my pressures. Any comments? kdkerr2@gmail.com

Kerwin Kerr

Posts: 3 | Location: Central Kentucky | Registered: 25 November 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
If you post this in the Reloading forum you will get a ton of replies . Give a full description of your load powder etc.
welcome to AR

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I went to the Reloading forum. How do I post a new message?

Kerwin Kerr

Posts: 3 | Location: Central Kentucky | Registered: 25 November 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kerwin Kerr:
I went to the Reloading forum. How do I post a new message?

Go to the first page on the reloading forum and click on the "NEW" tab in the blue tabs on the top.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
http://forums.accuratereloadin...rums/a/frm/f/2511043
Follow the link : go to NEW select discussion

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rook49
posted Hide Post
[IMG:left]

Posts: 32 | Location: Hampton, GA | Registered: 14 December 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

My portable reloading bench as set up in my office. The bench and the tool box, etc, used to travel to benchrest matches with me. Now I use it for load work-up and, when that's done, for reloading ammo to take with me. My shooting bench and 50 and 100 yd. range is just outside the office door.

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where I go to relax and plan the next adventure

Samm patriot

Posts: 406 | Location: The Rust Belt | Registered: 08 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vlwtx348
posted Hide Post
Well fooey!

I was so excited to find this thread since I LOVE looking at reloading rooms and stealing ideas, especially ergonomic ones...

Frowner But....most of the photo links are dead...

Posts: 309 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be back with a vengeance tomorrow. I'd forgotten about this one.

Greg

Posts: 137 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea, photosuckit is ransoming everyone's pictures.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is my latest .308 Win. load. It uses an 05 FC case and the bullet is a Hornady 150 gr. FMJBT. I was trying to replicate a US GI M80 ball load. The Hornady's cannelure isn't in the right place. If I push the bullet back so the cannelure's flush with the case mouth it will greatly increase my pressures. Any comments? kdkerr2@gmail.com

How do you know this? And what is your definition of "greatly increase" ?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a repost of my reloading room that Photobucket wiped out. It is an OLD picture and things have changed a lot as in more stuff..LOL No new presses added but lots of other things like books and component storage. I probably spend at least four hours day here. This doesn't show my little work/storage cabinet and my computer desk for the Internet needs.

This one shows my three Dillon 300s.

My shotgun area with a couple of high out put set ups for the metallics. The Dillon feeder sure helps out the STAR in keeping up.

My die case that are needed for various and sundry. I've added maybe 20 sets since I took this one plus my hand dies are tucked away in a cabinet. I'm loading for somewhere North of fifteen wildcats so it gets equipment rich quickly.

My meager bullet storage area made out of the top of an old entertainment center. It's so full I don't think I could cram a 22 CB cap in there right now.

Greg

Posts: 137 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vlwtx348
posted Hide Post
Thanks for updating your photo links!
I hope everyone follows suit.
I'll get some photos of mine posted soon

Posts: 309 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 229 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What kind of crimp are you using? Maybe you're putting a bulge in the case mouth at that point and it's too tight of a fit in the chamber. Try seating the bullet so that the case mouth is at the top of the cannelure, esp. if you are seating and crimping at the same time.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1088 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

ELR in the Great White North

Posts: 4 | Location: Western Canada | Registered: 25 March 2021Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice setups !

Posts: 682 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Welcome along. Looks like you have got things setup well with some good gear. What are the rounds shown with the powder charged then with the sleek HP match bullets, just guessing 7mm WSM?

Posts: 3826 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
Welcome along. Looks like you have got things setup well with some good gear. What are the rounds shown with the powder charged then with the sleek HP match bullets, just guessing 7mm WSM?

The first two pics are 45-70. The next with the powder showing are 6.5x47L. Then 6.5CM with Berger 140gr Hybrid Target bullets. After that in the Lyman tray, .308win with Berger 185gr Juggernaughts. Then some pistol calibers….38spl +p nickel plated cases. And finally, some .357mag with 125gr XTP’s.

posted Hide Post
RE-filling the .45 ACP coffer...