Find
Notify
Tools

Got a reloading pic to share?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Hi all,

I was going to put up a pic of my kids reloading at the top of the forum, but instead of that I would like to start putting up pics of our contributors and readers doing what we all find fun to do here.

So post up here with pics! I am thinking we can change them every couple weeks or so, and it gives readers a chance to see themselves or their setup while on the forum.

Don't worry how your bench looks, I'd like the guy at the kitchen counter with a Lee-loader to get as much time as the setup in the humidity-controlled room with white painted floors! About the only thing I can think of is if you have any R rated posters or calendars to please leave them out, I must not be the only person here who reads this with a little child sitting on my lap!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7752 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AI22-250
posted Hide Post
This is my reloading room,

"Any society that will give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
-Ben Franklin

Posts: 289 | Location: Holladay,UT (SLC) | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
OK you're first on the list, the pic should be up in a couple of days as DRG is on the road at the moment.

Posts: 7752 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Hivelosity yours looks nice as well, cool!

Sorry for the delay guys, but DRG is busy at the moment rubbing sunscreen on himself, but we can start getting these up in a few more days.

one of us
posted Hide Post
hivelocity

Where the heck do you sit? And can we get a close-up of those girlie pictures? Wink

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
cheechako pm sent.
I stand most of the time.I have diffrent set ups of what Im loading the lymant press and the lee primer press are the only ones i have mounted.
only time I set is when I have several hundred of pistol brass to process.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alfsauve
posted Hide Post
Nothing great. Used the Herter's single press for 30 years....obviously I don't do "serious" reloading. Just add the Lee press. Am really liking it. Not fancy or exceedingly heavy duty, but for my modest reloading of nine different calibers it will do great.

Posts: 97 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 16 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
My reloading room is across the breezeway in my workshop attached to my garage. There is an understanding that entry is by my permission only. The doghouse. Fridge, air conditioned, cable TV, DSL internet. Me and the dogs are pretty happy!

Bench at one end of the room

Dogs have their leather couches

and I have my desk

Don't say anything about the mess, that's not allowed!

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
That white dog is a Chesapeake. She likes to concentrate on reloading too. Very intense and dedicated, thinks she's better than the other dogs. Stands at attention and concentrates on every move I make while I'm having a relaxing time over in the corner away from the TV and internet enjoying my reloading.

popcorn

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21 | Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: 01 May 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21 | Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: 01 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AI22-250
posted Hide Post
Woods --- Is the other couch for you when your in the "dog house". lol..... Wink

"Any society that will give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
-Ben Franklin

Posts: 289 | Location: Holladay,UT (SLC) | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

still fairly new to this. but really like it.

Posts: 3 | Location: Maine | Registered: 27 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My reloading setup in the garage ("Dad's space"). The bench is small, but I built it so I can remove the legs and pack it for shipment. Been in the military for a long time so picking up and moving is part of the biz.

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had to downsize my setup a few years ago. I've got a dedicated "gun room" now, but I found this portable setup awful nice and continue to use it. I set the scale up on a folding table so I can sit at my recliner and reload.

Posts: 78 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: 10 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
leoparddog where did you acquire that stand? Di you fabricate it or purchase it. Looks nice

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 603 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by model7LSS:
leoparddog where did you acquire that stand? Di you fabricate it or purchase it. Looks nice

It's a Frankford Arsenal Portable Reloading Stand, I’ve been thinking about one for range reloading.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=155024

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
thanks mick, that is a dandy of a price too. Can anyone vouch for its sturdiness?

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Here is my basic set-up...........

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by model7LSS:
thanks mick, that is a dandy of a price too. Can anyone vouch for its sturdiness?

I'll vouch for it. I've been reloading on it for about 4 years, mostly FL resizing 308/260/45-70 and a variety of pistol calibers. I've moved it between 3 houses and back and forth to deer camp. I've taken the top off and on numerous times and carry it around by grabbing the Rockchucker and toting it. The top is still as tight today as it was when I bought it. I've got 4 sidesaddle trays for it that come in handy. All you need for it to be sturdy is a flat place to set it. Any wobble it has will be because you put it on the ground or an unlevel spot, not because the top is loose.

I've been very happy with it and when I upgrade to a progressive, I'll be buying another top and mounting it on the base.

Posts: 78 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: 10 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Nice setup okeybug.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AI22-250:
This is off topic too, but what causes this? This happened during fire-forming a 22-250AI. Only happened once out of 100rnds....

Not sure if this is THE cause but it could be A cause....brass is too brittle, work hardened, and no longer soft. This kind of reinforces my latest interest in case annealing. I just spoke with Kevin today who makes the "Brass-O-Matic" annealing turntable. I was discussing with him the whens, hows, wheres about annealing. He anneals after every firing, b/c this keeps the neck soft, thus, forms to the chamber equally every time when fired. Cold working your brass hardens it and ultimately you get splitting and separation.

I will assume you did not anneal this case?

I have been doing a bit of investigation about this topic for a few weeks now. I was told in the case of wildcatting and fireforming that annealing should be done prior to both, if you are modifying the original caliber. Such as converting a case to an Ackley Improved.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's my personal favorite reloading bench photo.

Although this is not a conventional reloading bench, it's the right bench for the job when you're doing load development with an old blackpowder 16 bore double rifle.

Hopefully this will give your kids some perspective on the diversity of loading equipment and technique.

--Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AI22-250
posted Hide Post
Doc, I believe the case was a "new" factory load in 22-250. I'm not certain, it's been awhile. I was "fire-forming" it to 22-250AI. I've never had it happen before or since.... Maybe the factory brass was to brittle, but none of the other pieces did this.... The rifle is a Remington Etronx that I bought after they decided to discontinue them. It's been a wonderfully accurate weapon, however, you need to keep the fireing pin clean and free from soot and a fresh 9v handy, just in case. After fireforming I'm shooting in the 3's and a few 4's with it.... I probably wouldn't change it to the AI again, practically there just isn't that much difference, I said practically..... Cases do seem to last longer once there fireformed though. Any other ideas?

-Ben Franklin

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was simply a lemon. Every now and then, poor quality brass passes inspection and gets out the door.

I've pitched a few Remington and Winchester brass over the years b/c of stuff like what happened to you, though I never had a complete separation, but they were all virgin brass also.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I remodeled my trophy room, I had to move my reloading bench. It went into the roughly 8x10 "closet" off the new room. This necessitated modifying the top to make the pieces fit with the angled wall; however, it worked out. I got rid of a 5-drawer filing cabinet I used for storage and put in the selves behind the door. Storage in the area is very tight, kind of reminds one of a submarine. It is a very workable solution and accommodates my safe in the fourth corner. Kudude

A view from the door. You can see the slip-in and out panels on which I mount my equipment and the "left" I've added to my old Lee "C" press. I use it a great deal for depriming, and loading .223 to keep from having to change over my Bonanza.

Another view from the door. You can see here the book case with my CD's and high class boom box.

A view from the gun rack. In this picture you can see the Acco box that I use to catch brass or shells as they are "processed." The boxes fit on the piece of anodized aluminum "L" stip screwed to the bottom piece of the counter top which dresses up the top and acts as a holder for these boxes. You can also see the old RCBS priming machine which I have mounted to a block which can be turned around to get the handle out of the way when not be used.

In this view you can see the shelving where I store dies, cases, and finished ammo.

The cabinets are kitchen wall units on bases made from 2x4s. The counter tops are three pieces of 16" deep shelving "laminated" with glue and screws. They permit making "key-ways" in which I can insert blocks with various tools mounted. I have one that will accept various presses I have and another with a small bench for gunsmithing projects.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I'm embarrassed to show my mess right now. I have stuff on my bench that needs to find it's way to a cabinet somewhere. Frowner

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
My little corner.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That 300 win mag had a case head seperation, very common with brass that has been full length re-sized and reloaded a lot. You can see the ring forming way before seperation will occur, so if you full length re-size and see the ring toss the brass. Annealing will only help the neck from getting too brittle, wont do anything for a case head seperation.

Posts: 498 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 22 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AI22-250
posted Hide Post
Ol' Joe, Beautiful room, everything in it's place and a place for everything.

I wish mine was that well organized.

I have a very heavy bench that I'm moving in, to take the place of the bed. I'll mount my vise on it and put peg-board on the wall behind it. That should clean up another area and give me instant access to my tools.

Thanks for the ideas......

-Ben Franklin

one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AI22-250:
Ol' Joe, Beautiful room, everything in it's place and a place for everything.

I wish mine was that well organized.

I have a very heavy bench that I'm moving in, to take the place of the bed. I'll mount my vise on it and put peg-board on the wall behind it. That should clean up another area and give me instant access to my tools.

Thanks for the ideas......

Thanks for the compliments. It only looks that way between projects. There is also a closet in the room that would be right at home in a cartoon.

I`d lower the peg board though if you hang it. Mine`s a bit of a stretch to reach, especially over the presses. I`m just to lazy to redo mine.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
This is my space.

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One thing I was looking for and one thing I did not see....................two different powders(containers) on the bench at the same time!!Closest thing to it was the pics with the Re22 container in front of the other powders which were stored under the shelf...........no harm , no foul! I am in the process of "moving a reloading room", hopefully for the last time and will post pics when it is set up. One rule of thumb will be followed..........powder storage area will be opposite the reloading bench! Have I "been there, done that" before and therefore have these warnings? NO! But I have seen the results of others not following these rules! ONE POWDER ON THE LOADING BENCH AT A TIME! POWDER DISPENSER EMPTIED AND POWDER STORED APPROPRIATELY AT THE END OF THE RELOADING SESSION! Safe reloading everyone!! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
kudude, i am in envy of your setup, very nice looking. one of these days im going to build a bench with the slide out panels. Looks like a nice cozy place to spend some time. clap

One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by woods:
My reloading room is across the breezeway in my workshop attached to my garage. There is an understanding that entry is by my permission only. The doghouse. Fridge, air conditioned, cable TV, DSL internet. Me and the dogs are pretty happy!

Bench at one end of the room

Dogs have their leather couches

and I have my desk

Don't say anything about the mess, that's not allowed!What mess, looks pretty o.k.to me!

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
My little reloading place in my 44qm-flat.

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
My loading bench.

Aka, the RIGHT side of the garage clap.

Overview Picture:

Angle Shot:

Right-most Bench, closeup.

And the bench to the left of the one above...

And finally, the Corner.

"The Tale of the Tape"
Total Primer Count: 20,000 (+/- 1,000)
Powder Count: 15 different types, about 30# worth.
Rifle Bullets: A lot.
Pistol Bullets: A whole lot more. (6k +)

Heh, heh, heh. I like my hobies!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2308 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Movi...And I thought I was overboard.Great lookin set up. like the drill press affect
Dave

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hivelosity:
Movi...And I thought I was overboard.Great lookin set up. like the drill press affect
Dave

Thanks HV. My wife is quite happy when I'm in the garage...at least she knows where I am! Big Grin

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2308 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote