New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a reloading pic to share?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Any chance of a better picture of the blue press with the white handle?

Posts: 116 | Location: flagstaff, arizona | Registered: 09 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by klw:
Any chance of a better picture of the blue press with the white handle?

Well, better late than never! Smiler

It's an old Pacific 3-Stage press. It has 3 rams and works increadibly well as a permanent "Trim-Die" station. I keep it set with .257 Bob, .30-06, and .350 RMag. dies. The design works great for this purpose.

Now here's the killer deal: I found a guy who'd posted a note selling a bunch of old reloading equipment at the range. I was looking for a single stage Rockchuker at the time. I ended up with the following:

1x Rockchucker
1x Pacific 3-stage press
1x RCBS Bullet swager w/ 3 size bushings
16 shell holders (various, but .38.357, 7mm mag, and '06... .380 acp, and a couple others)
9x loading dies (.308, .300 WinMag x2, 7mm Mag, .380acp, 30-30, .38 spec only dies, .38/.357 dies, 270 Win custom micrometer dies)
1x ingot mold
3x casting molds for .38/.357
at least 10# of powder (which I dumped...)
8 boxes of assorted 7mm & .308 bullets
1x RCBS Beam powder scale
1x Case trimmer (?)
Some misc. Black Powder stuff
And a lotta other smaller stuff.

$50.

Yeah, $50. I gave him $60 - he insisted on giving me change...

Some days you just win!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2309 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Had one of those once. Kind of sorry that I sold it.

Posts: 116 | Location: flagstaff, arizona | Registered: 09 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

My little corner.

Difficulty is inevitable
Misery is optional

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Still a work in progress.

Handle upgrade.

Rusty

Posts: 11 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 03 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
awesome 3ball on the handle, ive been thinking about getting one of those chrome skulls for my rockchucker!

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 603 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
The only thing worth noting in my reloading room is the waterbuck. I strongly recommend that everyone go out and get one.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Wink, JustC, and Rusty - love the setups! We got some nice loading rooms out there!

Regards,

Robert

Posts: 2309 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
WOW, these really give me a idea what to do for my new setup when I buy my new place! I will post photos of my setup soon.

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is my shed where I reload. It's very unassuming from the outside, looks like any other shed chock full O' crap.

Inside, it is partitioned of to 2 12X8 rooms. The back half is insulated air conditioned and heated. Under the shelf across the front is 4 LED Lights that burn a total of like 32 watts. Nice bright cheap light. I have the lights and the stereo on a single switch. When I walk in to the first part of the shed I flip that and lights and stereo are on when I come in. When I leave I never forget to turn the lights off because I can still hear the music.

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
under the bench some storage

On the other wall I built shelves nice and deep to hold bolky stuff and rubbermaid containers.

The only window in the room. Lets a little light in and its a place to hang the A/C I just removed.

Here's another shelf over the door that holds some more bins, a stereo and another light.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have another shelf to install that will hold all my reloading books and all my powder. I also need some more bins to finish organizing everything. ANy suggestions fellas let em roll.

T.

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Nice Job 33806!

Regards,

Robert

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Novi! Keeps me busy between hunting seasons.

One of Us
Picture of RHK
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of pictures of my reloading bench and shed. I'm just getting into reloading so I don't have a lot of equipment yet, but I enjoy what limited reloading I do!

-Looks like I need to figure out how to attach a photo...

"Everybody told me you can't far on $37.00 and and a jap guitar" ~ S.E.

"Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana." ~ M.H.

Wild Bob

Posts: 73 | Location: North East Montana | Registered: 14 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RHK, Welcome! Easiest way is to Open up a photobucket account, its free. Upload the pix there and use the last code at the bottom of the picture. Copy the code (link) and paste under your reply caption of each picture.

One of Us
Picture of RHK
posted Hide Post
Thanks 33806 Whelen...will do that.

Wild Bob

Posts: 73 | Location: North East Montana | Registered: 14 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RHK
posted Hide Post
Ok, let me try this again, here we go...
Here is my 'Shed' and reloading bench

The rest of the shed

And some work in progress

Wild Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking good RHK. Love the organized space you've got.

One of Us
Picture of RHK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Biglmbass! I think I've had almost as much fun setting it up as using it...well, almost, not quite.

Now I'm ready to spend more money on dies! Smiler

Wild Bob

one of us
Picture of alfsauve
posted Hide Post
Just add two little minor things to my bench that I should have done years ago (30 years ago!).

First (after cleaning off the bench) I put a penny rail along the front and one side to keep bullets and brass from rolling off! (Penny Rail is a term used in theatres to mean a little lip on the edge of the stage to keep things from falling into the pit.) It's only a 1/4" high though in the pictures it looks huge.

The second thing I did to make removing the powder dispenser easier. The 3/4" plywood is cut wider than the base of the powder holder so the holder just slides under it. Loosen the wing nuts and slide it out. Makes dumping powder so-o-o-o much easier.

Posts: 97 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 16 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted Hide Post
this is where I make all the magic happen:

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RHK
posted Hide Post
Good looking space Juggernaut...you got some money tied up just in manuals alone!

Wild Bob

One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
Here are two photos of my son learning to load ammo. When we built the new house in 2004 my wife wanted me to have a proper room to work on my guns and reloading in. She painted it and I scored an incredible deal on some used Lista cabinets that I cleaned up and painted. Can I say my wife rocks!

[URL=

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just posted yesterday Ideas for loading areas,as soon as I posted, these pics from the readers came up. You guys have some great looking rooms and have given me more food for fodder.
John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Built this reloading room last year, not quite finished, walls need done (ceramic tile). Has plenty of storage, air compressor, built in shop vac, computer, TV-Radio-DVD. Added 80-20 extrusion rails into the bench so the loaders can be changed out or removed. Rails also allow mounting vise, cleaning station, and other accessories. Modular system with benches and roll cabs can be easily moved or re-arranged if needed.

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Rembrandt1,

My God, man! That is shear genius!!

Your setup is enviable. I will be saving your pictures to use as a catalyst for my own room when I build a house.

Thank you!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Nice model 37. Cool

posted Hide Post
Here is my little corner.

and here is my bench appropriate trash can.

Later, Drifty

Posts: 5 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RHK
posted Hide Post
Drifty, what is that little press off to the left of your bench?

Wild Bob

posted Hide Post
That is a RCBS Rock Chucker.

Later, Drifty

Posts: 5 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckshot:
Nice model 37. Cool

Stevens 416A

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Built this reloading room last year, not quite finished, walls need done (ceramic tile). Has plenty of storage, air compressor, built in shop vac, computer, TV-Radio-DVD. Added 80-20 extrusion rails into the bench so the loaders can be changed out or removed. Rails also allow mounting vise, cleaning station, and other accessories. Modular system with benches and roll cabs can be easily moved or re-arranged if needed.

Nice set up!

Rembrandt, Where do you get the 80-20 extrusion rails?
What did you use for the bases?

Do you use the vacuum cleaner in the reloading room?

Do you pick up spilled powder with it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 33806whelen:Nice set up!

Rembrandt, Where do you get the 80-20 extrusion rails?
What did you use for the bases?

Do you use the vacuum cleaner in the reloading room?

Do you pick up spilled powder with it?

Shop vac is used more for picking up spilled shot....sometimes it gets away from you.

The extrusion I used, (trade name 80-20 http://www.8020.net/T-Slot-4.asp ) is offered in many configurations and shapes, has numerous accessories available. You can get it through MSC or any number of outlets. I used 2"W X 1" thick, about 36" long. With the help of a router its recessed into the bench top. Price is reasonable....less than $50.

Mounting plates can be made from a number of different materials...wood, aluminum, steel, or plastic. I found high density plastics work well, light weight, available in any thickness, easy to cut & drill, doesn't rust, and won't scratch bench surface. Can be found by googling the net or check the phone book under plastics. Don't recall what plastic family I used, they were scraps from work. Either Polyethylene or Polypropylene should work fine.

1/2" thick plates worked well, gives you enough material to use a counter bore or counter sink.

Been using this system for over a year, couldn't be happier. Fasteners are 1/4-20 button head bolts, flat heads, and socket heads. Used flat heads coming up from the bottom to mount the presses, nylon lock nuts on the top side. Holes on the bottom of each plate were counter sunk.

To attach the plates to the rails, early on I used socket heads w/hardened washers, later changed this and counter bored the holes, using button head bolts. All require an allen wrench for installation. I prefer using "T-handle" allen wrenches, no need to over tighten them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just put up my last shelf, and organized my bench a little better

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Modular system with benches and roll cabs can be easily moved or re-arranged if needed.

What brand/type/model of roll cabinets are those?

They look very nice!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rembrandt, do you leave the button head screws on the plates, and slide them in from the side? Or do you place them on top and screw them in to the rails?

It looks like it might get trying at times to mount something on the bench.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
QUOTE Kenati "What brand/type/model of roll cabinets are those?"

Got them at Sam's Club. They have an entire line of maple butcher block benches and cabinets. Think the trade name is "Seville".

QUOTE 33806whelen "do you leave the button head screws on the plates, and slide them in from the side? Or do you place them on top and screw them in to the rails?"

Just drop the button heads in after the press is lined up with the rails. Most of the plates are the same size so hole alignment isn't a problem. Takes only a few seconds to install.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rem,

Do you recall what the bench itself cost? I recently recommended the Sams bench to someone on another forum, and could not remember the price. I want to say around $150. Does that sound right? Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biglmbass:
Rem,

Do you recall what the bench itself cost? I recently recommended the Sams bench to someone on another forum, and could not remember the price. I want to say around $150. Does that sound right? Thanks.

They were under $200....around $180?

These are about $160