Tools

Got a reloading pic to share?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hivelosity:
Ill throw in a corner. is this one ok

That is one old Lyman press on the right.

Posts: 46 | Location: The Hardwoods | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
heres my cluttered mess. never enough room is there?

Posts: 167 | Location: northeast NY | Registered: 04 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of reverenddan
posted Hide Post
You guys are killing me!

I've recently moved to Missouri and have yet to set up my reloading kit. I've harvested a couple deer by scrounging through the boxes and finding some ammo to fit what I was shooting Wink

However... I'm closing in on finishing my reloading room in one corner of the garage. The house and garage aren't mine so I'm only taking 50 sf. I'll have to see how much mileage I can get outta that footage. I don't have anything very deluxe but I like it, it keeps me amused for hours on end.

However, if things go as planned I will build a shed as one of the pics shows and move into that eventually.

It's just miserable trying to do it in the evenings after supper, when you have time, when someone isn't nagging you for something else, you know how it is.

Most people are bothered by those portions of Scripture they do not understand, it is the passages I do understand that bother me. (Twain)

Posts: 203 | Location: Missouruh | Registered: 01 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
My new bench and cabinets

And my freshly painted press

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
My original setup, I ran out of room real fast:

Posts: 354 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
expanded setup:
I now load for 223, 270, 308, 7mmR Mag, 375H&H, 470NE

Posts: 354 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 104 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lissauer
posted Hide Post
Here is my train wreck of a bench

Posts: 28 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: 24 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lissauer:
Here is my train wreck of a bench

Tell us more about your gargantuan presses!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lissauer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tell us more about your gargantuan presses!

I live in the land of fruits and nuts; we have a ban on lead hunting bullets. So I bought the big press (Corbin CSP-2) to swage solid copper bullets. Love it, but for reloading it is cumbersome.
The blue press is a Walnut Hill from RCE (Corbin's brother). I bought this one to load 510 DTC since 50 BMG is outlawed in CA. For reloading big bore the Walnut Hill works well. I didn't want to spend $1,500 on a Hollywood press so I went with the Walnut Hill. It is basically a smaller version of the big press.

Posts: 28 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: 24 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HHI6818, I have dreams about being half as organized as you are! your level of organization is scary! Great looking setup.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's my reloading bench on Dec. 1, before I had loaded my very first round- ever:

And six weeks later (What have I gotten myself into???!!!)...

And my current powder stash (that old refrigerator is perfect!)...

Posts: 39 | Location: Lynden, Washington | Registered: 27 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crashbox:

And my current powder stash (that old refrigerator is perfect!)...

Haha! Ingenious! I guess at this point you are starting to realize what you have gotten yourself into. diggin

Welcome to the forum, Crashbox. beer

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crashbox,
NICE...evolution can happen pretty fast huh? I like the 'fridge!

Welcome!!!

Bob

"Onward through the Fog"

Posts: 41 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the warm welcome, Kenati and Vonfatman.

The old 'fridge was actually free with the purchase of the $151K house that I bought eight-plus years ago (now paid off!). Never had a use for it until I took up this unbelievably-addicting hobby! I plan on putting a bead of intumescent caulk around the inside perimeter of the door in case of fire, whether it would help delay the inferno I'm not sure but it won't hurt. I also have two, eight-pound kegs of TiteGroup on order which will fit in there if I stash one sideways. That- and what is shown- will probably be all the powder I will ever want to keep in my house, and it should last me a day or two at the rate I'm going.

I do keep the primers elsewhere.

Thanks again for the welcome, this is a great place to hang out.

Posts: 39 | Location: Lynden, Washington | Registered: 27 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture of a reloading tray that I made out of a piece of African Wenge. I set it up to hand 20 rounds of 450/400 Nitro, but as you can see, it works nicely for 45-70 as well.

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the block, you got me inspired.

Posts: 339 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is my modest area. ive just started this is one end of my work bench in my shed the bench is all 2x6's and is 16' long ive got about 1/3 of it for the reloading.

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put the two, two-inch x quarter-inch bolts through the tub so I can hold the sifter tight against the bucket. This is a really easy way to separate media from your cases. The sifter is held against the tub by the wingnut (but not that tightly). I flip the tumbler over quickly to keep the media from seeping past the sifter and begin shaking back and forth, round and round, and up and down. I shake it for maybe 30 seconds. Gets just about all of it. Straight-wall cases empty very easily. Bottleneck cases need a bit more shaking. Been doing this for over five years. Works pretty well...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

JonB_in_Glencoe

Posts: 21 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: 25 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only problem I see there, JonB, is that you are using OneSh!t to lube your cases. I had less than zero luck with it. Stuck the first case I tried to resize with it. Used to be good stuff. I understand the formula was changed to keep lab rats in Kalifonia from getting cancer if they swam in it all day, every day and drank it in lieu of water for 500 years. Can't be too careful, you know...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Homebrewer, thanks for the heads up.
the can you see in the photo is about 6 years old and almost empty, I did just order 2 cans this week...we'll see if I still like it ?

I sure liked the old stuff, just got to make sure it's dry on the case before you start.
Jon

JonB_in_Glencoe

Posts: 21 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: 25 February 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
wow after looking at some of the setups you guys have mine is lookin weak ill have look to build up all i can say about what your showing is wow

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike1264:
wow after looking at some of the setups you guys have mine is lookin weak ill have look to build up all i can say about what your showing is wow

I have been wanting to share this one for a while. This photo is form Whelen's book Why Not Load Your Own?, a classic.

Kinda puts things into perspective.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark:
Hi all,

I was going to put up a pic of my kids reloading at the top of the forum, but instead of that I would like to start putting up pics of our contributors and readers doing what we all find fun to do here.

So post up here with pics! I am thinking we can change them every couple weeks or so, and it gives readers a chance to see themselves or their setup while on the forum.

Don't worry how your bench looks, I'd like the guy at the kitchen counter with a Lee-loader to get as much time as the setup in the humidity-controlled room with white painted floors! About the only thing I can think of is if you have any R rated posters or calendars to please leave them out, I must not be the only person here who reads this with a little child sitting on my lap!

Here's my 9 feet of wall. Great workshop, off the garage was supposed to be a laundry room but my wife decided to use the butlers pantry off the kitchen instead. My gain! Not seen is the refer, T.V. and computer....
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 542 | Location: So. Cal | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
jon, I started out life with a reloading bench made from an old wooden reel.
Nice accent on the stain.
dave

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a pic of my son's reloading room....He lets me use it.

**************************The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

Posts: 282 | Location: South West Wisconsin | Registered: 27 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
made a few changes to my bench

also took an old tv stand and removed the top and replaced it with 2x6's and put the lee press on it for sizing and depriming mainly pistol brass while inside the house. also doubles as a good place to store powder and primers.

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wanted a better way to keep the screw tight atop my RCBS dies. I went to the hardware store and got a brass washer (I think it's metric in size) and the captive, toothed washer on the 10-32 (might be 10-24-- not sure) nut. Works great. Once I have the spindle aligned to put the decapping pin in the flash hole every time, it never loosens...

one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
Reloading Photos- kabooms, leading, bullets. barrels and more > Photos

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smiler well used to have a nice gun room, down to a very small gun room now filled up with grand babe stuff, but hell I guss it will all work out, by the way you guys have very nice gun rooms hope everyone had a Blessed Easter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[IMG:top] [/IMG]

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Just finished my reloading room after a year of working off and on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Also put a cleaning station in it

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
JCJR-

That is absolutely amazing! You definitely put a lot of thought and countless hours into it. Very impressive.

I've been banging away at a humble "man cave" in the backyard myself for the past three days. I hope to incorporate a lot of the ideas that I've seen from this old ongoing thread.

Enjoy your new cave!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JCJR...
That is a work of art sir! Congratulations. Can you tell us a little about the spot you chose and how the project progressed?

Nice...real nice!

Bob

"Onward through the Fog"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife has always wanted a garage that attached to our house, and I have always wanted a room for all my hunting gear. So I added a room on top of the garage and hid the reloading room in the garage. Unless you know where it is you would not be able to find it. The wood that I put in it was some old sinker cypress I found from a guy. The project took over a year to finish it, we thought it out and made several changes to it as we went along. Another deal about the room that you cant see is the drawers at the bottom of the floor, they have 500 pound drawer guides and they will open the entire width of the room, I did this to hold all my gun cases, packs, etc. Also the small drawers above them are full of all my one pound powders they are to small to hold the 8 pound powders, thats where the shelfs come in handy that you see with some of the larger powder on them. Thank you for your comments I am very proud of it, and hope it gives some guys some ideas from mine. I would like to hear if anyone had any ideas that I might have missed in this room.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
jcjr,
I can tell you that I have nothing to add but to say WOW! Very nice and well designed.

Bob

"Onward through the Fog"

One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcjr:

Just finished my reloading room after a year of working off and on.

tu2
I was hoping they had a smily bowing down!
that is how I want my room to look when done!
but I have to buy my own place before then! until then I have to stick with the old horse stall.

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is my steel bench i got from the local postmaster who was throwing these out!

*We Band of .338 ers*.NRA Member

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote