The Accurate Reloading Forums
Got a reloading pic to share?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2511043/m/994103278

05 February 2012, 02:04
TexKD
Got a reloading pic to share?
A picture of my Reddings Ultra Mag and Big Boss II mounted up and ready to go to work on their next assignment. Shows how massive that Ultra Mag is. If it is too big to load on the UltraMag it is too big for me to fire from the shoulder. Wink

05 February 2012, 02:44
Kenati
quote:
Originally posted by TexKD:
A picture of my Reddings Ultra Mag and Big Boss II mounted up and ready to go to work on their next assignment. Shows how massive that Ultra Mag is. If it is too big to load on the UltraMag it is too big for me to fire from the shoulder. Wink

You did a beautiful job of mounting your presses! What is the name/brand/model of your extruded railing?

06 February 2012, 10:08
TexKD
Oops Kenati I missed that.

The track is a Kreg track. I choose it because it was available and because it would take a 5/16 T bolt. There are others out there too. Kreg makes some good stuff though and I have it in the shop for other appliations too.

The biggest problem in installing it was to get a super good router cut and very straight and consistent depth. I suggest using a new a new router bit for those cuts. And I decided to use a bolt through each hole for maximum strength. Aligning 14 of them and getting them in with no wiggle room can be a little tricky and takes a few trys. But it is in there strong now. The front one is a breeze.
15 February 2012, 02:58
medic883
Here's my humble setup.

Job security for lead minors since 1984.
04 April 2012, 20:55
Boxhead
My 12 year old son loading his first rounds ever for his 7x57 that he will be hunting with in Africa in June. He is pretty excited to be hunting with ammo he created.

17 April 2012, 13:37
GTOne
My humble little bench. Smiler

17 April 2012, 17:31
Big Bore Fan
Befor nearly three years, I moved to a new flat with my girlfriend, married and so I must "update" my reloading bench. The flat is now bigger, but "my" space is smaller. Wink

And with my Dillon 650.

Martin

Big Bore Fan
(formerly Quattro77)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ohYM&feature=related
18 April 2012, 16:15
sksshooter
figured id post a recent pic of mine since i was told good luck with keeping it neat Smiler
i did have to move the ammo cans and boxes of brass from the middle shelf to the floor as they were getting pretty heavy. still all in all its still pretty kept pretty neat.

18 April 2012, 17:52
Big Bore Fan
Nice bench, this is, what I need. Roll Eyes
But when I see how you store your propellants and how much, I can be already jealous. In Germany we have very restrictive storage regulations. We can only store max. 3kg in our house or flat. and we have a quota of 10 kg for 5 years. With Exceptions for 20-25kg.

Martin

Big Bore Fan
(formerly Quattro77)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ohYM&feature=related
19 April 2012, 02:18
sksshooter
wow bigbore that sucks. so it looks like i have over 10 years worth of powder allowance sitting there.
07 June 2012, 08:17
dukxdog
Here is my rifle room.

Here is my shotgun loading area.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"
08 June 2012, 05:56
Ol` Joe
Nice bullet board collection tu2

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

12 June 2012, 01:41
WYNN
Sksshooter it looks like you have done a fine job of keeping things neat and tidy, so much for what those slobs had to say.
Some real nice benches guys.
20 June 2012, 17:42
ColsPaul
you guys are making me look horrible.
I gotta sort and rack or ?? all this brass!
I swear it muliplies when I turn off the light!
29 June 2012, 07:52
Coal Miner
Im very new to reloading (like 4 months) but this is what I have so far. Dillon XL650 and Forster Co-Ax. I come by metal quite easily in my profession so it was a no brainer to build a steel bench. Dont worry,everything on this bench is grounded via my copper water pipes. You may also have noticed my static wrist strap=-perhaps a bit OCD. Im gettin the bug bad! Smiler

Ground/continuity?=CHECK! tu2

The following is a super slow motion video of a round leaving the muzzle of my AR!!!

Congress has recently stumbled across an area of significant savings. They have found that they no longer have to use tax payers’ dollars to receive a colonoscopy. They’ve found that all they have to do is open their eyes and look around.
23 July 2012, 01:24
ted thorn
I have proof that I'm not grounded

07 August 2012, 09:24
Coal Miner
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
I have proof that I'm not grounded

You must NOT be married! Eeker

The following is a super slow motion video of a round leaving the muzzle of my AR!!!

Congress has recently stumbled across an area of significant savings. They have found that they no longer have to use tax payers’ dollars to receive a colonoscopy. They’ve found that all they have to do is open their eyes and look around.
10 October 2012, 22:45
novalty
Here's my little set-up, recently added the Redding T-7, now awaiting delivery of a case activation linkage kit for my RCBS Uniflow. Had to add another bench to my basement to keep my casting, tumbling and cleaning equipment.

10 October 2012, 22:56
rdharma
quote:
Originally posted by hivelosity:
Movi...And I thought I was overboard.Great lookin set up. like the drill press affect
Dave

I wonder ......is that drill press used for roll crimps on shotshells? bewildered
26 October 2012, 00:35
CHIPB
I've added to this bench little by little as my buddy and I have acquired more guns to reload for. Between the RCBS Ammomaster II, the Redding Turret Press, and the Dillon 650 XL, I am now able to reload most ammunition within reason.

26 October 2012, 00:38
CHIPB
Sorry for the sideways pictures.....I thought I had that fixed on Photobu Confused cket.....but I guess not!
27 October 2012, 07:31
CHIPB
Whoever straightened out the photos for this digitally challenged member.....THANKS!!
02 December 2012, 15:07
RvS

Same hole I think!
06 December 2012, 17:42
enloe
Man I can't get over the set ups a lot of you guys have. I have been loading for 25 years and I am still loading on the same RCBS Jr press I started out with. I am hopefully about to work out a trade for a Dillon 550. My9 year old boy has been shooting with me for about 3 years and my daughter has just made her first trip to the range to shoot her cricket. I se my reloading ramping up quite a bit in the near future. I did teach my daughter a new skill while we were there an my son had already developed the same skill. They are my "brass collectors"

I MAY BE DUMB BUT I CAN LIFT HEAVY THINGS
25 December 2012, 17:30
wdo
I really need a decent space setup. What height do you guys like your benches at?
25 December 2012, 18:33
GLShooter
quote:
Originally posted by wdo:
I really need a decent space setup. What height do you guys like your benches at?

I do mine setting. I prefer 22" on mine.

Greg
25 December 2012, 19:35
wdo
22"??? Hell, my knees wouldn't fit under that.
25 December 2012, 20:06
hivelosity
I usually stand while reloading. 30" is a good heighth for standing if your not too tall.
I have started mounting my presses on a pedistal so there is less strain on my back when dooing 1 hunderd's of pistol ammo
16 January 2013, 17:02
wdo
Here's my "new" corner of the world. After working off a nightstand.

16 January 2013, 18:49
vonfatman
Sweet! That is a very sturdy looking bench. Congrats. I bet that is a nice change from the nightstand.

Bob

"Onward through the Fog"
25 January 2013, 10:30
N51lDr1v3r
Few wildcat ideas iv had.

Left to Right

223-57, 223spc, 5.56x45, 223x51, 223x51 long, 223WSM, 223 Remington Magnum

Got a few others I want to try next, some 17 cal stuff.

Hand loads...... Never settle for OEM
09 March 2013, 00:07
ColsPaul
quote:
Originally posted by CHIPB:
I've added to this bench little by little as my buddy and I have acquired more guns to reload for. Between the RCBS Ammomaster II, the Redding Turret Press, and the Dillon 650 XL, I am now able to reload most ammunition within reason.

Very organized....Just don't open the door when it's raining!
11 March 2013, 22:24
1up5down
Here is a pic of my bench. Not as nice as some but it's still a work in progress.

Was going to drywall the back wall but wife wants me to build a 16'x16' room in our unfinished basement.

Dave
01 May 2013, 16:59
sonofagun

A few of mine - a work in progress Big Grin

Bob Shaffer
01 May 2013, 19:39
SR4759
quote:
Still ignored post by sonofagun posted 01 May 2013 16:59

06 May 2013, 00:28
sonofagun
Looks like some people have no sense of humor Roll Eyes

Bob Shaffer
10 July 2013, 19:05
enloe
man I love these threads Wink

I MAY BE DUMB BUT I CAN LIFT HEAVY THINGS
15 October 2013, 15:41
Rikkie
This is the first time I'm including pics in a reply, so please be patient..... killpc

For decades, I did my reloading in the servants' quarters built onto the house. Since opting to accept a severance offer in January and semi-retiring, I have been home all day, and had plenty of time to make a mess. I really needed a full-time domestic, which means live-in, which means that my reloading room had to move indoors. So it had to be neat and presentable, preferably with a bit of a 'Wow' factor to it.

All credit to this thread, which is really where my inspiration came from. Apologies for ideas that I have shamelessly ripped of from others!!

Below is one of my single-stage presses, with shelf storage for components, dies, ammo etc behind. To the right (not visible in the pic), is another 5 undercounter drawers, and a wall-mounted rifle cabinet (with downlighters and laminated glass doors) The beauty of the rail system is that my Lee press is packed away, as it is not needed. It can be mounted in about 2 minutes.

The next pic shows my Dillon 550 (under wraps), some fishing tackle etc

Then my Case Prep bench, with only my case trimmer currently mounted. Everything else is stored in the undercounter cupboards

Then, my cleaning / maintenance station (which is a mess, as I'm trying to get that 220 Swift's barrel clean

It's still very much a work in progress, but I'm trying very hard to keep it tidy (totally against my nature!). My ultrasonic cleaner, case tumbler, my miniature lathe etc is all on a dedicated bench in my workshop, in order to keep the indoors area clean.

Sincere thanks to all of you who unwittingly contributed so liberally of your ideas!

OK - let's see if I got this image-linking thing right! Roll Eyes
15 October 2013, 23:26
GLShooter
That is a beautiful work area. Makes me want to grab a jet just to see it in person.

Greg
15 October 2013, 23:51
Kenati
I have been subscribing to this thread since 2008 when it began. I am always both envious and inspired. I can't wait to build my dream reloading room someday.