posted Hide Post

Posts: 3 | Location: Maine | Registered: 27 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Newbie's first attempt
Corner shot

Front view

Loaded storage/case cleaning/maintenace/stereo

One question, aren't powders and primers to be kept away from each other?

Posts: 131 | Location: Southern WI | Registered: 09 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Not at my place.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are on separate shelves. Placed just like they do at Sportsman's Warehouse here in Phoenix. I don't set 'em side y side on the bench but they aren't quite as bad as dynamite and blasting caps..LOL

Greg

Posts: 137 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How I dry brass if I'm in a hurry and do not want to wait for my food dehydrator (maxes out at 180°) to do the job: Stainless steel skillet with a thin bottom and medium flame. Stir the cases around to keep them from getting too hot. When the spittin' and poppin' stops and they get too hot to hold in your fingers for more than second or so, they are dry. Just out of curiosity, I measured the temperature of one case last night when I took this picture. The first two pics (not shown) were out of focus, but the temp in the first pic was 265 degrees. Surely, there ain't no water hidin' in these cases. Drying cases over flame or calrod takes less than ten minutes. They cool rapidly if you lay them out on a newspaper or a wooden table. Blow on them. Takes maybe three minutes and they're cool enough to handle.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stir fried 223 with a spritz of wasabbee! Hot rounds!!

Greg

Posts: 137 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
No one has posted here since September. Hasn't anyone added anything to his bench?

My last post was July 22nd, when Phase-2 was completed. Phase-3 (building shelving for the benches) is now done and I have replaced the rest of my aluminum presses with steel.

Here's the left side of Der Furhrerbunker showing the original bench that holds powder, primers, and bullets, along with extra stuff. The new bench is on the right.

Here's the new bench with shelving up.

This is the right side of the new bench showing a pair of Hollywoods I just acquired.

And to the right of the benches. It needs some straightening up.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Junk is all I have added....I'm ashamed to show my bench as of now.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VERY NICE Kevin! I hope i have as good a setup someday.

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great set-up Kevin. Very well organized too.

Bob

"Onward through the Fog"

Posts: 41 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My simple setup. Been using the RCBS Rock Chucker press for about 8 years. I'm not a high volume shooter/loader, so it suits my needs pretty well. I have the standard accessories... RCBS powder dump, trickler, trimmer, hand primer, case care kit and a Pact BBKII scale. Although I do have a couple sets of RCBS dies, I prefer Redding die sets. I am currently set up to load 380Auto, 38Special/357mag, 357Sig, 40S&W, 45ACP, 30-30Win, 308Win and 30-06Spfld.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is mine
right side
[IMG]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g327/Wynn3/th_004.jpg"> [/IMG]
left side
[IMG]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g327/Wynn3/th_002.jpg"> [/IMG]

Posts: 46 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: 30 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
here you go wynn

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks sksshooter, I never said I knew how to use a computer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Speak softly and carry a big stick, and you will go far. -- Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 108 | Location: Panhandle of Texas | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just got around to setting my reloading room back up. I had it boxed up for a couple of years.

This is the cabinet that I keep all the powder and dies, bullets and other odds and ends.

This is the bench that i do my gun cleaning on:

This is the cabinet I store my small supply of hunting clothes:

This bench is going to be my case prep bench.

And this is my reloading bench.

I am just getting back into it so I am sure I will have some questions along the way.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Winchester70 Nice setup !!! I wish I had as much room. From the looks of it you will be helping some of us at keeping things neet and clean.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Wynn! I appreciate that.

John

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum, Winchester 70! That is an enviable amount of space you have.

Here are the bones of the Man Cave. Next phase is to finally put a roof on the damn thing, then I can start working on the reloading area inside. Of note, we have skinned quite a few hogs under the "back porch" since it has gone up. I used two 2x6s to doubled up the bottom cord of the roof truss to hang the gambrel and do the skinning. It's working out very well so far. The little fold down table doubles as a place to clean fish, game, and as an outdoor work bench.

(Crawfish break!)

The process was interrupted to build the cedar fence, but it's back under way now.

I've used this thread to get a lot of ideas. The biggest problem/fear I have is HUMIDITY. Even after 10 years of living in it I am still amazed at how corroded shit becomes. I didn't grow up with it and I hate it. As of right now, all of my reloading supplies, powders, primers, tools, etc are in a nice climate controlled environment in the guest bedroom/gun room. I am VERY reluctant to move anything outside for permanent storage. So the final assembly might not be much more than a solid bench on the far wall with some shelving and a place to attach my press (which is portable anyway; Harrel's Magnum press). The rest will be for tools, welder, plasma cutter, etc. We'll see how it goes! I'm open to suggestions.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
kenati since you asked for suggestions i will give you mine. the shed looks good and should serve you well to store the welder/plasma and other tools. i would leave it as that a tool shed. i live not so far from you and i can tell you even if you think its dry in there it isn't i tried the same thing. i recently built a 16'x24' tool/mower/atv/motorcycle shed and while it does great for storing that and giving me room for maintenance it also allowed some fine surface rust to form on a couple of areas of my reloading equipment like the handle for the powder thrower and on some of my dies. i ended up taking over the spare room that was the office/scrap book room and can say it is much better. i still tumble and trim outside to keep the mess inside down but it is so nice to load in the heat/air. you don't have to worry about carrying the powder/primers back and forth. i have the computer right behind me to check online if i run unto an issue. the wife may not be happy at first but she'll get over it. well atleast mine did.

posted Hide Post
Unfortunatly not reloading right now, We had a tornado hit our property Back on May 10th and it kinda destroyed my reloading bench and the supplies. Still finishing up the insurance claim. What a pain.

Posts: 13 | Location: Oklahoma, USA. | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
few pics of my reloading bench. i'm very new to reloading, but love it. i am only set up to do .44 mag now. definitely need to get set up for .45, .40 and .380 soon....

-Cameron

USMC

NRA Life Member

IHMSA Member

Posts: 4 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: 02 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StanAllen:
Unfortunatly not reloading right now, We had a tornado hit our property Back on May 10th and it kinda destroyed my reloading bench and the supplies. Still finishing up the insurance claim. What a pain.

Dammer Stan! My grandparents live in Oklahoma... that tornado shit is not a joke. I presume your family made it through unscathed. Keep us up-to-date on the insurance claim. If things don't work out in your favor, I propose (on a different thread of course) you list the reloading equipment that was damaged or missing and let's see what the AR Forum members could donate to the cause. I, for one, have a few pieces of nice used equipment that probably don't get used as much as it used to for one reason or another.

Young Guns - welcome to the forum AND the obsession.

SKSSHOOTER- Thank you very much for the suggestion. I was leaning towards that direction, but you post has helped me make up my mind. I am in the process of designing a smaller reloading bench now since it will no longer be necessary to store so many supplies on it. Grizzly Tools (Grizzly link) has some nice laminated maple bench tops in various dimensions. I am going to weld together a frame out of 3" x 3/16" square steel tubing. That should make for a heavy solid base.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
kenati good choice i think you will find it much more comfortable for one and no worries about the equipment. those tops are nice i considered that route until i came across the free lumber and couldn't pass it up. im happy with my bench but there are a couple things i wish i would have done. one being i planed to put a formika type top on it and didn't. i also wanted to paint it and got to impatient. good luck i think your going in the rigt direction.

One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
Added another Hollywood to the bench, so I had to do some rearranging. Finally done.

They look pretty good for being 60-years old.

Member:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's how you do it at the range!

One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted Hide Post
A few new things...

Posts: 542 | Location: So. Cal | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Here is my set up.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow Nice reloading rooms thanks for shareing tu2

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
HAPPY HOLLOWEEN!

From all the ghosts and goblins hiding on my bench.

Member:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What BS is this? Who REALLY has reloading benches this clean? Regards, AIU

posted Hide Post
Here's mine. I have it in a spare bedroom. Sure beats the garage in winter. Hopefully I will expand it with another press this next year. It isn't this neat anymore.

Owner, Bear River Holsters

Posts: 5 | Location: Utah | Registered: 16 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of N51lDr1v3r
posted Hide Post

9mm sabot project, 110gn 308 Sierra FMJ

Hand loads...... Never settle for OEM

Posts: 80 | Location: Sin City | Registered: 18 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PaulH
posted Hide Post
My small operation. Still a work in progress.

With the 8x57 test loads ready, on to the Brenneke 160 Speer work-up. dancing

Posts: 218 | Location: Liquid Sunshine State | Registered: 12 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of N51lDr1v3r
posted Hide Post
8x57 is my favorite big thump round of all time, I currently load 198gn pulled surplus into Remington 8mm Mauser brass, 45gn rl-15, hits hard and kicks like a 8mm should.

RL-22 is for my big 270 rounds or other 338-06 type loads, it has no place in a sub 200gn 8x57.

one of us
Picture of PaulH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N51lDr1v3r:
8x57 is my favorite big thump round of all time, I currently load 198gn pulled surplus into Remington 8mm Mauser brass, 45gn rl-15, hits hard and kicks like a 8mm should.

RL-22 is for my big 270 rounds or other 338-06 type loads, it has no place in a sub 200gn 8x57.

I'm charged to stretch the Remm 700 8x57 out. Hopefully in the next cuople of weeks I can get them over a chrony.

The RL-22 is for the 7x64. The 8x57 test loads are IMR4350 and Big game.

Posts: 218 | Location: Liquid Sunshine State | Registered: 12 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of N51lDr1v3r
posted Hide Post
I see, I have 4350 on the shelf, but seldom use it, let me know how it acts in your mauser, Id be willing to give it a try.

one of us
Picture of PaulH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N51lDr1v3r:
I see, I have 4350 on the shelf, but seldom use it, let me know how it acts in your mauser, Id be willing to give it a try.

You bet, I'll post the results.
For me IMR4350 is my "Magic" powder. Now IMR 4320 and me, have never gotten on to well. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of N51lDr1v3r
posted Hide Post
9mm rimmed federal thread to come.