Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a reloading pic to share?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Just getting started. Here's my new room. Actually, it's more like a man cave since it's a large walk in closet in our guest bedroom. Works for me because nobody is ever in the guest bedroom, so it's all quiet and I can just go there and escape from reality for a while each night. I do love this hobby!

Posts: 13 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 19 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post

This is a work in-progress. Phase-1 is shown here with the first bench in-place and some early rifle reloading done. That's a Dillon 550B and a new CH/4D 444 4-station hiding behind the B&M.

Phase-2 will be completed next week when a second bench gets added and some additional presses and powder measures appear.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of the area I spend most of my time in. Lots of goodies tucked away to speed the process and turn out ammo for my various endeavors.

Greg

Posts: 137 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I just got done building my bench althou it's not complete yet.

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GLShooter!
Tell us about your medals!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The medals are an accumulation over the past few years. When I moved to Phoenix in 1998 I discovered the Arizona Police/Fire Games in the spring of 1999.

I've been a competitive shooter since 1976 in IHMSA, IPSC and PPC with a lot of 3 Gun prior to moving here.

Their format was Combat Pistol, PPC, 3 Gun and Sniper Rifle. I couldn't have picked the break down better my self.

Over the past 10 years I've accumulated some where in excess of 90 medals. Lots of PPC stuff as it is pretty rich in categories, more than a few heads up in Combat Pistol (I shoot a revolver in it to relax and show the young guys what an old man with a wheel gun can do!! LOL)

Picked up several along the way in 3 Gun as my shotgun stages with my Benneli and my rifle shooting with a 6X45 AR are strong.

My favorites are the Sniper medals as I taught M/O's for the Fed. BOP before I retired for many years. It always is fun to win them when they find out I am an RN by training. (Though I was on the BOP SORT/SWAT team for my prison.)

Lots of fun and great camaraderie and competition with this group. I've been blessed with pretty god health and years of competing have helped me out. Thank goodness for reloading making it all possible.

Greg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Recently moved in to my dream garage, er ugh house I mean. Still have some organizing to do with all of my brass stuffed into the lower left cabinet.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boxhead,
That is a terrific set-up!! You have elbow room galore!! Enjoy your new digs.

Bob

"Onward through the Fog"

Posts: 41 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice digs indeed, Boxhead!

Congrats-- and enjoy!

+++++++

salute Thanks to our Vets! patriot

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
box head, i wish i had that much space but if i did i would have people coming from everywhere to trying to store crap in there.
well done

Posts: 110 | Location: sydney australia | Registered: 22 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like shelving could be attached to the walls above the cabinets in Boxhead's magnificent garage (second picture). Lots of space there to store things that don't get out much...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Andre Mertens where did you get that light on your Dillon?

Posts: 1 | Location: South Central PA | Registered: 13 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Re: Humidity

For those of you that live in humid environments, what precautions do you take, if any, to avoid corrosion of your equipment?

I only moved to the Dirty South less than 10 years ago and, honestly, I haven't really adjusted to the humidity; only learned to tolerate it.

I recently constructed a new "man cave" that I am anxious to post pictures of, but want to wait until it is completed (or close to). My biggest reluctance to move any of my equipment out there on a permanent basis is the fact that it will not be A/C'd all the time. As of right now, my equipment sits in a climate controlled environment of a dehumidified 71 degree room in the house.

Frankly, like most of you, I have too much money tied up in this shit to let it slowly corrode away in a very humid environment.

Please... any suggestions?

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm in the "humidity belt"....ugh! I have my press in the basement. The house is centrally air conditioned. I also keep a de-humidifier running in the basement.

I do not need the de-humidifier, but I like how dry air feels.

Bob

"Onward through the Fog"

One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenati:
Re: Humidity

For those of you that live in humid environments, what precautions do you take, if any, to avoid corrosion of your equipment?

I only moved to the Dirty South less than 10 years ago and, honestly, I haven't really adjusted to the humidity; only learned to tolerate it.

I recently constructed a new "man cave" that I am anxious to post pictures of, but want to wait until it is completed (or close to). My biggest reluctance to move any of my equipment out there on a permanent basis is the fact that it will not be A/C'd all the time. As of right now, my equipment sits in a climate controlled environment of a dehumidified 71 degree room in the house.

Frankly, like most of you, I have too much money tied up in this shit to let it slowly corrode away in a very humid environment.

Please... any suggestions?

I purchased an Amana PTAC unit for my man-cave. It's your typical hotel style heat pump.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
Earlier today I completed Phase-2 of my reloading project when I reassembled and mounted a Lyman All-American turret.

Phase-1: In March I cleaned out and cleaned up a room in the basement for reloading and game playing, since christened the Furhrerbunker (I also play board wargames and military miniatures). This took 2-weeks. After that I cleaned up a reloading bench that was languishing in my garage and moved it to the Bunker, then cleaned up and mounted the Dillon 550B. After that I bought a C-H ‘444’ and mounted it.

Phase-2: I built a second bench (the first one is <5’ long) that is 6’6” long and built with 2x12, 2x4, and 4x4 lumber, held together with 3/8” bolts. Pushed against the first bench and the wall, it is an immovable object with enough space for everything including a rifle rest for cleaning. I also purchased several presses on Ebay, then disassembled, cleaned, painted, and reassembled them. They along with two powder measures, were then mounted.

The bench is now complete and ready for use.

Phase-3: Build book shelves for the top of the benches.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a nice layout. Those Lyman AA's are the berries for loading. I find that I use them a lot for the onsey twosey stuff.

The whole are a looks very user friendly. The shelving should make it really shine.

Greg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
finally had enough of dealing with the humidity and heat here in Louisiana loading in my shed so i decided that the large table the wife was using for scrapbook stuff in our home office had to go. since she hasn't touched the scrapbooking stuff in over a year i built some shelving in the closet and relocated all of it pitched the table and built and turned the office into my gun/reloading room. i also downsized the desk for the desktop pc since we mainly use the laptop anyway. now i will have ac and pc access right next to me. i used 2-2x12's and 1-2x6 for the top and the shelf with 2x4 frame and 2x6's for the top shelves. all the 2x6's and 2x12's were free.

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice and sanitary. Can we see a pic in two weeks to see if it stays that orderly? dancing

Greg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
oh yes it will stay just like that. it may get a little messy while in use but when im done it all gets put back in its place. im a little ocd.

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sksshooter:
oh yes it will stay just like that. it may get a little messy while in use but when im done it all gets put back in its place. im a little ocd.

I'm glad that somebody in the reloading world can keep it neat. If you look at the pics of mine I am anti-OCD!!

Greg

posted Hide Post
I notice in some of your photographs that you have a green "Bench Mat or Table Cloths" covering the work space. I would like to purchase one of these table cloths - anyone have a link or info on them.
Many thanks
Bob

Posts: 9 | Location: North East England | Registered: 30 April 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here is my new reloading bench. It's too clean at the moment as I took the photos before I started reloading.
Bob

Posts: 9 | Location: North East England | Registered: 30 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Backworthbob:
I notice in some of your photographs that you have a green "Bench Mat or Table Cloths" covering the work space. I would like to purchase one of these table cloths - anyone have a link or info on them.
Many thanks
Bob

Which photos are you referring too? I have seen the rubberized stuff at WalMart that has gotten very cheap but it is not smooth.

Another source for mats is to get a "Cutting Mat" that you can find in the sewing or scrap book area of Wallys or a craft store. The wife uses these for quilting and they would be excellent for use on a bench.

Greg

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Backworthbob:
Many thanks
Bob

Here's a LINK to mine.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick response, thats just what I need.
Bob

One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
resent photos have been better then outstanding! You guys really have set my mind a working. I am doing fabrication work as well as machine tooling now so I m looking though these photos for ideas how to rebuild-reconfigure my reloading bench.

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GLShooter:
Here are a couple of the area I spend most of my time in. Lots of goodies tucked away to speed the process and turn out ammo for my various endeavors.

Greg
Have enough metals? Hell I should fly out for a week and just do some shooting with you. so I can see what I m doing wrong.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You just have to get long in the tooth and keep shooting. I always said even a blind hog finds a few acorns!!

Thanks for the compliment. I was cleaning up and forgot I had set a box back that has seven or eight more from the last go around at the Police Games. I might make that my project for the day to label 'em up and hang them.

Greg

One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GLShooter:
You just have to get long in the tooth and keep shooting. I always said even a blind hog finds a few acorns!!

Thanks for the compliment. I was cleaning up and forgot I had set a box back that has seven or eight more from the last go around at the Police Games. I might make that my project for the day to label 'em up and hang them.

Greg

tu2
Very nice!
Closet I can come pair is only my military service and my father is a retired Maine State Trooper.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Find an IPSC Club or IDPA and get involved. Those are my Police Games Medals from here in Arizona. When I moved from Oklahoma I donated about, conservatively, eight cases full of regular style trophies. I only kept my Stare Championships and National trophies when I moved out here When I was in Oklahoma I AVERAGED five matches/month local and traveled all over the area for bigger ones.

Greg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
sksshooter,
Nice new bench! I like it.
James,
Very well set up!!!

Bob

"Onward through the Fog"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
jcjr, that is beautiful. I just started building my new bench in what be my den. Your cubby holes are much like I was planning unless I use oak cabinets. The bench top is red oak plywood and all the trim will be red oak. You just gave me ideas for how to incorporate stuff into the whole den. Man it looks great!

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Putting the spare bedroom to good use.

Posts: 546 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 29 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
When we moved into this house this room was fugly! It had a red ceiling and black walls...must have been a teenager.

A couple of coats of primer, 2 shades of grey and some wall units later it is beginning to look like home.

I had this big old cherry desk that I put in there, in pieces and then reassembled, that I use for the desk, a cleaning area and for doing my prep and single stage work.

The bench came from Harbor Freight and it is working just fine. The wall units came from Costco and I really like them. With a lot of different options for hooks, shelves and other holders.

For brass storage I get these plastic bins from work that hold a load of brass,and they stack too boot. For bullet blocks, more stuff from work, they are the styrofoam trays that blood collection tubes come in. They have 100 holes in them. I have been giving them away lately, I seem to have enough (20) now. Smiler

It is still a work in progress, but it is up and operational at this time.

I used to have a laptop in there but it bit the bullet, so now I go down and have zero distractions when I am reloading. If doing other things I will go across the hall to my wifes woman cave and turn on her laptop for music. Smiler

bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob R.

Nice room and set-up!!!

Bob

"Onward through the Fog"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got tired of there being no way to hold the readout for my Chrony on the bench. The weight of the cord will drag it off. So I made up this out of scrap plywood:

Took about five minutes to cut and glue together, strengthen with screws. Clamps to any bench with a five-inch c-clamp.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
homebrewer,

That's a good idea. I always transcribe at the range to make sure I have the data...I keep a notebook in my "Crony Case"...of course, I don't have to worry about holding up or waiting on other shooters...I shoot out back.

Bob

"Onward through the Fog"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
fatman says,
quote:
...I shoot out back.

How I envy you. I have to drive as much as six perilous miles to get out to a dry lakebed to shoot. The lake is 1400 yards long, about 700 yards wide and dead-flat across the bottom. No gates, fences, signs posted to stay out, et cetera. If only it were in my back yard.

I, too, write down the values at the range. I have not learned how to store and retrieve the various strings. When I get home, I go to a stats website and enter the values. I get my numbers in two shakes...