New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steve's Pages?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know that Steve of Steve's Pages died some time back, but someone was able to salvage all of his many good reference pages and keep them available on the web. However, I went to the cartridge dimension page stevespages.com/page8d.htm today and when I clicked on a particular cartridge I was asked for a user name and password, or simply got a screen message that I am an unauthorized user. What gives?

Posts: 13228 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just checked it, works OK here.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
I am writing this today as an FYI that I am making some changes there in admirable traffic. Of late I have found many from around the world attempting to download the entire site, leading me to make some pretty dramatic changes in the form of network blocking at the firewall. These blocks encompass up to class B networks (approx 64000 IPs in single line filters) and any Arab countries. Last week I noticed a good deal of traffic from Palestine and though it was not an attempt in this case to grab the whole site, I don't want a militant group stumbling across (for example) a cache of old Russian arms and getting info/manuals on getting them working against Israel or even our guys on the ground somewhere.

So this message is to let you all know that if you use StevesPages and find the site inaccessible, it may be due to these blocks I've implemented. If this happens, I encourage you to write me and I will open a hole for you that you may still use the site!

As always I am available at chris@stevespages.com and do not want to block legitimate users of the site as this is certainly a possibility with the type of blocking I am implementing.Link to it.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information, Chris.

I used to use Steve's Pages many years ago but got away from checking it after Steve died. I'll have to look back in.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Who is or was, Steve and what are his pages?

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:

It is a huge source of information for reloaders. Cartridge dimensions and loading information for even the most obscure cartridges.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:

https://web.archive.org/web/20...spages.com/page8.htm

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote